Engineer 3, Software- Entegral- Madison, WI
Entegral, is an integrated software platform that streamlines the post-accident process for service providers working to get a customer on their way and back into a vehicle. Entegral enables communications and collaboration between tens of thousands of collision repair shops, insurance providers and other industry professionals around the world.
Owned by Enterprise Holdings, the world's largest car rental provider and operator of the Enterprise Rent-A-Car® brand, Entegral compliments the value of Enterprise's acclaimed Automated Rental Management System (ARMS®) software by increasing efficiency through the entirety of the claims process. When paired with ARMS, Entegral is a business-to-business solution that enhances the customer experience from the moment after an accident to the completion of the claim.
Enterprise Holdings Inc., a recognized leader in the automotive and insurance replacement industries, launched Entegral. Enterprise Holdings operates - through an integrated global network of independent regional subsidiaries and franchises -Enterprise Rent-A-Car, as well as the Alamo Rent A Car and National Car Rental brands, in more than 10,000 fully staffed neighborhood and airport locations in 100 countries and territories.
Our Madison, WI based team is seeking an ambitious and talented career-minded professional who would like to make a difference utilizing their skill set, while working in a thriving agile-methodology environment. We offer competitive career opportunities, great benefits and promote a work-life balance.
As an Engineer 3, you'll design, develop and modify many different elements of technology. You'll be required to understand advanced methods, theories and research techniques that establish ongoing direction and implementation of the technology vision and strategy. We'll look to you as a subject matter expert in multiple areas of technology that will represent your team in a positive manner. You'll provide viable recommendations for new solutions and lead their implementation, ensure project deadlines are established and met, and provide instruction and guidance to less senior team members on new tasks and assignments. Daily activities include collaborating with Architects and recommending adjustments to the architecture, improving overall product quality and integration efficiencies. Also, you'll be required to monitor key performance metrics to ensure compliance of established standards, processes, and procedures.
You'll develop, enhance and maintain existing and new modules within our Entegral software suite. As a key member of our development team, you'll be involved in all tiers of the solution, UI, middle tier and backend database and participate in the full SDLC. We'll rely on your senior level innovative problem solving and demonstrated software development skills using a variety of Open Source and Enterprise level technologies. You'll work in small, agile teams delivering business specific technical solutions while working in partnership with Product Owners, Quality Assurance staff, and other Software Engineers.
- Significant individual contributor performing application design and coding
- Use Java to write, translate, re-factor, and code software programs and applications according to specifications provided by Solution Architects
- Works with System Administrators and other Software Development Engineers to assist in trouble -shooting and resolving complex problems within a SaaS platform
- Participate in daily stand-ups, planning meetings and review sessions (using Scrum/Agile methodology)
- Develop and maintain automated tests, helping to improve software quality
- Participate in and lead design and code reviews
- Facilitate Paired programming sessions, leading and mentoring less experienced engineers
- Understand the business operations and processes on assigned projects
- Work across product roadmap initiatives
- May require production systems support and/or on-call duties
- Lead level technical development expertise in software development disciplines including design, coding, testing, deployment, and software management and integration
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
- Experience working on applications that leverage Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Persuasive, collaborative business acumen with the ability to strategically drive business partners
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Remain up to date with changing technology by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Initiative, results-oriented drive and a solid work ethic requiring minimal direction
- Effective analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Resiliency in the face of changing priorities and requirements
- Design, develop, execute, and maintain complex automated test code, scripts, data, and associated drivers per recognized SDLC methodology.
- Work an after-hours, on-call rotation for support of production level systems
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field
- 5+ years of progressive development experience utilizing an object-oriented programming language on Enterprise level applications or related experience is required
- Must be willing to travel 10% domestically
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job
- Experience with popular web application frameworks, such as Angular
- Background in Java, XML, MySQL, Hibernate, Web Services, XML, Schema
- Experience creating and consuming Restful and/or SOAP API's
- Experience developing software in a SaaS environment
- Automated test development and execution (for example, REST-assured, Selenium, etc)
Back to top