Engineer 2, Systems - ARMS Business Solutions - Madison, WI
ARMS Business Solutions is a Software as a Service organization. We provide an integrated management suite to insurance carriers, adjusters, collision repair centers and all partners involved in the claims and repair channels.
We are looking for a smart, passionate and results-oriented systems engineer to help us substantiate the foundation upon which our SaaS solutions reside. This is a great opportunity for an engineer who is passionate about the critical role that infrastructure plays in the success of a SaaS platform and who is excited to take on the challenges that will have a major impact in our organization.
To be successful as an Engineer 2, Systems you must have a keen understanding of the underlying technologies and have excitement in figuring out how things work end-to-end. You must be able to evangelize your thoughts to help drive innovative solutions to improve and streamline processes. ARMS Business Solutions is an exciting place to work where you have the opportunity to interact with the highest level of engineering talent, constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower each other.
What you'll be up to:
- Collaborating with architects, peers and engineering teams to develop and implement effective infrastructure solutions
- Testing, scheduling, and implementing software, hardware, configuration, and design changes to IT systems
- Identifying and responding to service incidents, investigating and resolving technical problems, and performing root cause analysis
- Monitoring and analyzing performance and availability of IT systems; conducting preventive maintenance to proactively identify and correct issues
- Performing task automation and implementing process improvements; recommending enhancements that result in increased quality and service
- Educating others regarding operational procedures and application and production standards
- Maintaining established service level agreements to manage customer expectations and quality standards; identifying opportunities for improvement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- 3+ years of Linux Systems Engineering experience (Red Hat Preferred)
- 2+ years of experience with reading and writing scripts with languages such as Shell, Python, and/or Perl
- 2+ years of experience with automation tools such Puppet, Ansible, or Chef
- Experience with code management and deployment tools such as Jenkins, Rundeck, SVN, Git, or Artifactory
- Experience working with an incident management, work request, or project management tool such as Jira, Service Desk, Trello, or Asana
- Working knowledge of database concepts
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred
- 1+ years' experience working with cloud and/or virtualized environments such as AWS or Google Cloud
- Experience with log monitoring and evaluation tools such as Logz.io
- Experience with application monitoring tools such as Appdynamics
- Experience with virtualized lightweight container technologies such as Docker as well as container orchestration tools such as Rancher, Swarm, Kubernetes
Meet Some of Enterprise Holdings's Employees
Area Car Sales Manager
Greg oversees an Enterprise Car Sales branch. He provides a balance of sales, training, and customer service management—and guides his team to meet their goals.
Back to top