Engineer 2, Software (Java)
The Information Technology (I.T.) division of Enterprise Holdings builds and implements powerful solutions that help to drive and support the global operations of our brands and businesses, including Alamo Rent A Car, Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental. With over 9,000 branch locations across the world and more than 100,000 employees, Enterprise Holdings and its affiliates own and operate 2 million cars and trucks.
Here, you will be part of a team that creates and delivers leading-edge technologies and expansive systems that impact every aspect of our growing businesses. We provide the resources to enable and develop our more than 2,000 innovative I.T. professionals in a variety of career paths. This is where it all starts. All systems GO!
Come grow with Enterprise CarShare!
This innovative segment of the Enterprise car rental business focuses on a next generation business model for car rental. CarShare enables a fully automated rental experience by the hour, day or week. CarShare is available in more than 35 U.S. states, Canada and the U.K., more than 125 university campuses, and hundreds of business and government agencies across the country.
The CarShare IT team is responsible for developing and supporting the tools and platforms that make car sharing possible. Key areas of focus include in-car technologies linked via cellular data networks (telematics) along with systems for member on-boarding, reservation and availability, pricing and billing. Additionally, consumer facing web sites and mobile application are critical to the model. As a technology team goes, we utilize a little bit of everything set in a fun, challenging and exciting environment.
As an Engineer 2, you will support and expand the applications that enable our global car sharing operations in a way that meets our high standards of quality. This role will focus on supporting our Java-based products including our Web Services and the Telematics capabilities that CarShare utilizes for communicating to our fleet of vehicles. You will sharpen your critical thinking skills by assisting with the analysis and review of software requirements and participating in design sessions. The scope of your role includes software design and implementation based on business requirements, fixing defects, testing and test automation, refactoring code, and code reviews. You will also have the opportunity to develop your leadership potential by mentoring less senior team members on new tasks and assignments.
- Coordinate technical work assignments with the Business Analyst, ensuring that solutions meet the Business' specifications
- Translate business requirements and user stories into functional, complex and quality business logic applications using java
- Provide detailed explanation of work needed to complete tasks and time for completion
- Develop and unit test complex application components
- Provide technical support for system production issues
- Coordinate defect code tracking / fixing
- Create or update system documentation for the solutions you support
- Mentor and transfer, in a timely manner, technical knowledge to less senior team members
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- 3+ years of experience developing with Java
- 2+ years of experience with web application delivery in a production environment
- Experience with other web application development languages, platforms and concepts including: Spring, Hibernate, Web Services, REST, Tomcat, AJAX, JSP, JSTL, JSF
- 2+ years of experience with PostgreSQL and/or MySQL databases
- Good Working knowledge of building tools MAVEN and Gradle
- Good working experience of writing test cases using Junit and Mockito
- Strong background in one or more of the following version control tools: Subversion, Rational ClearCase, GitHub, Bitbucket
- Thorough knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture and experience implementing RESTFUL Web Services
- Must be familiar with implementing standard best practices (e.g. secure programming, test first development, etc.).
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office desktop applications (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding and challenging environment
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Task management skills; ability to identify necessary steps to a solution and move an initiative to the goals
- Professional communication skills; ability to formalize proposals, communicate the need and instruct others on the use of solutions
- Ability to support a flexible work schedule to support our SLA's with our customers, and provide after hour and weekend support when needed
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred
- Experience developing with PHP is a plus
- Exposure to additional and varying software development methodologies is preferred
- Experience with object-oriented, application development principles, concepts, and object-oriented analysis and design is preferred
- Experience developing under PCI/DSS compliant practices
- Experience working with system monitoring tools like Splunk, Dynatrace, etc.
Back to top