Engineer - 2, Software (Java)
Enterprise Holdings is powered by technology. As a diverse team of idea enablers and problem-solvers, our more than 2,000 innovative IT professionals design, develop and drive the tech that is redefining how customers rent, buy and share vehicles from our family of brands - which includes Alamo Rent A Car, Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental.
Here, you will be part of a team that creates and delivers powerful solutions for more than 10,000 branch locations and 100,000 employees across the world with the resources and support to develop in a variety of career paths. Enterprise Holdings IT is a critical area of the business; we develop technical solutions that power our global operations and a fleet of 2 million vehicles, allowing our branch employees to exceed our customers' expectations.
As an Engineer 2 on the Yield and Availability Management team, you will be responsible for building and maintaining solutions that allow Revenue Managers to grow and maintain competitive business strategies, in an ever-growing global market.
The Yield and Availability Management team lies within the Revenue Management department, where you will become a member of a team that creates and maintains advanced software solutions that supports business growth along with providing analysis insight into the global market data we receive. You will also work on some legacy systems to support enhancements needed to tactically decommission the application and enable a smooth cutover of the users to the new application.
As an Engineer 2 you will be responsible for using your technical knowledge of professional concepts to solve business problems. We are looking for a talented individual that can serve as a subject matter expert in their area of focus. You will be responsible for evaluating elements of technology's effectiveness through requirements gathering, testing, research and investigation and make recommendations for improvements that result in increased quality and effectiveness. You will be required to listen to and evaluate customer needs to determine and provide high quality solutions that align with customer expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- 3+ years of Java based software development experience
- 1+ year of understanding or exposure to streaming analytics, unstructured data ingestion, and other real-time integration methodologies
- Must have good oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with various IT teams and business representatives
- Must have good troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced production environment and have the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Must be able to work independently with limited supervision
- Must have experience in full lifecycle development and end-to-end testing
- Must have the ability to effectively collaborate and work with others in a remote work environment
- Must demonstrate the ability to be flexible with changing priorities and requirements
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred
- Knowledge and working experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience with Hadoop and Big Data technologies (Storm, Hive, Spark, etc.)
- Experience with AWS, or other Public Cloud environments
- Experience with HBase or other No SQL DBMSs
- Experience with Revenue Management concepts and business discipline
- Experience with Spring and Hibernate
- Experience with Git/Jenkins for configuration management and software build/deployments
Back to top