Engineer 2 - Java
Enterprise Fleet Management (EFM) is a full-service fleet management company for businesses with mid-size fleets. With 57 fully staffed offices nationwide, EFM supplies cars, light and medium duty trucks and service vehicles to businesses in the United States.
Enterprise Fleet Management Information Technology (EFMIT) provides streamlined and effective solutions to serve our growing operation. We offer solid architectural platforms with a strategic focus that clearly align to business growth and improving the customer experience. The Fleet Management systems, including EDGE, Fleet Commissions, Fleet Web and Autodata, are web based applications built using J2EE technology and are integrated with our PeopleSoft financials system as well as our Oracle BI data warehouse.
Being a member of EFMIT offers all the advantages of a smaller shop including the opportunity to shape a more progressive architecture. Professionals who effectively navigate change and readily wear many hats will find this an opportunity to maximize skill diversity and build broad IT experience.
EFMIT has an opportunity for a Software Engineer 2 that is responsible for designing and developing prototypes as well as performing complicated application coding and programming. This position interprets end-user business requirements to develop and/or modify technical design specifications for off-the-shelf and/or custom-developed applications. The Software Engineer 2 position also analyzes and reviews software requirements to determine feasibility of a design within time and cost restraints. In addition, this position performs unit and integration testing and assists with developing unit test scripts. The Software Engineer 2 position may provide instruction, guidance and mentoring to less senior team members on new tasks and assignments.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Available to work in the St. Louis office
- Must have at least 3 years' experience in Java-based software development
- Proficient knowledge of Java & J2EE (including JSP, EJB, JDBC, SQL, XML, HTML and associated technologies) and the use of those technologies in n-tier development environments
- Proficient knowledge is also expected in object-oriented application development principles, theories, and concepts using J2EE specific design patterns and usage
- Experience with J2EE Frameworks (Struts 1/2 and/or Spring MVC, Hibernate, Spring, and JPA are a plus)
- Comfortable working in the Eclipse IDE
- Experience with unit testing
- Experience with build scripts (Ant and Gradle are a plus).
- Experience with the configuration and setup of J2EE application servers
- Knowledge of Unix operating systems
- Solid knowledge of Oracle database environment
- Experience with the use of version control systems for code management (Git is a plus)
- Experienced with UML diagramming
- Experience with front end designing including prototypes and templates
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office desktop applications software
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred
- Accounting background is a plus but is not required.
- Experience with PeopleSoft financials is a plus but not required.
- Experience with the Mulesoft Mule ESB is a plus but not required.
- Experience with an Agile/Kanban/Scrum development process is a plus but not required.
- Understanding of SOA is preferred
- Experience with the Atlassian Toolset is a plus but not required.
- Working experience with front end tools such as JQUERY and AngularJS
Back to top