Engineer 2 - Database Administrator (PostGres)
Enterprise Fleet Management is a full-service fleet management company for businesses with mid-size fleets. With 57 fully staffed offices nationwide, EFM supplies cars, light and medium duty trucks and service vehicles to businesses in the United States.
Enterprise Fleet Management Information Technology (EFMIT) provides streamlined and effective solutions to serve our growing operation. We offer solid architectural platforms with a strategic focus that clearly align to business growth and improving the customer experience. The Fleet Management systems, including EDGE, Fleet Commissions, Fleet Web and Autodata, are web based applications built using J2EE technology.
Being a member of EFMIT offers all the advantages of a smaller shop including the opportunity to shape a more progressive architecture. Professionals who effectively navigate change and readily wear many hats will find this an opportunity to maximize skill diversity and build broad IT experience.
As an Engineer 2, Database Administrator (Postgres), you will leverage your data design and development expertise as part of a developing AWS database team. You will maintain the physical data model, queries, and service interface for the loading, querying, and maintenance of data in a Postgres database, XML files, and other data sources. You will also coordinate data management tasks in support of data quality efforts, tune queries for optimal performance, and develop DDL and DML scripts for Postgres. As a member of our AWS database team, you will be involved in all aspects of the solution from UI, middle tier and the back-end database. We will rely on your leadership and innovative problem solving skills using a variety of Open Source and Enterprise level technologies. You will be part of a team, which is responsible for all phases of an emerging agile software development lifecycle.
- Individual contributor performing data design, modeling, and coding
- Work with Subject Matter Experts to locate and understand the data then analyze and implement business requirements within time and cost restraints
- Build database scripts to support ETL, DDL, OLTP, Data Warehouse, and CrUD operations
- Develop data migration strategies to support a cloud/on premise database environment
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Coaching and mentoring less experienced engineers
- Define, develop, document, communicate and implement standards, processes and procedures for the department
- Identify issues and escalate risks to project leadership, if necessary
- Production Systems Support and on-call duties are required in this role
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Applicants for employment in the U.S. must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- 2 years Postgres DBA hands on experience
- Strong understanding of Postgres configuration including vacuuming, user/role permissions and partitioning
- Strong understanding of SQL tuning and optimization of query plans
- Proven knowledge and experience in designing database schemas to align with development and business goals and objectives
- Strong and proactive leadership ability
- Strong communication skills with the ability to transcend the organization with appropriate levels of detail
- Strong teamwork, decision-making, documentation and analytical skills
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- Experience with AWS Aurora platform.
- Experience with other AWS database platforms such as Redshift and Dynamo DB
- Experience with Agile development practices, Jira and Confluence.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred
Qualified applicants must also possess the following skills/competencies:
- Good analytical and organizational skills
- Must be a self-starter with a positive attitude
- Capacity to learn quickly
- Willingness to learn new technologies, platforms, and applications
- Detail oriented
- Solid communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Demonstrate an aptitude for technology
- Ability to work well in both a team environment and individually
- Ability to work with others in person and on the phone
- Ability to follow documented procedures
- Balance individual growth and teamwork accomplishments
Back to top