Engineer 2 - Business Intelligence - Fleet Management IT
The Information Technology (I.T.) department of Enterprise Fleet Management builds and implements powerful solutions that help to drive and support the operations of our Fleet management business spread across the country and Canada. Enterprise Fleet Management owns and operates almost 400,000 cars and trucks.
Here, you will be part of a team that creates and delivers leading-edge technologies and expansive systems that impact every aspect of our growing businesses. We provide the resources to enable and develop our more than 80 innovative I.T. professionals in a variety of career paths. This is where it all starts. All systems GO!
The IT Team supports a variety of applications that are financial and employee needs related. The different applications supported by this team include PeopleSoft Financials as well as proprietary applications. The various applications are on platforms including Java/Oracle, Microsoft/SQL Server/.NET, Oracle BI and Salesforce. Now is an exciting time to be part of this team because many of our applications are needed to support our expansion efforts.
EFM IT has an exciting opportunity for an Engineer 2 - Business Intelligence that is responsible for the development, configuration and management of our Oracle Business Intelligence (OBIEE) 12c application, as well as future BI and data visualization platforms. This position will be the go-to role for ensuring end users have reliable, consistent, and secure access to decision-making data. The engineer interprets end-user business requirements to develop and/or modify technical design specifications for off-the-shelf and custom-built Business Intelligence applications.
- Perform full lifecycle of Business Intelligence (BI) development using the Oracle Business Intelligence (OBIEE) platform and applying standard data warehouse and data modeling tools and techniques
- Develop effective reports and dashboards for end-users as well as SOAP interface-based data consumers
- Implement and maintain data and catalog security models, including row-level security and object-level security based on application roles
- Develop and maintain automated methods for report delivery, including Oracle BI Publisher and OBIEE Agents
- Function as a technical expert in the design, development, modification and debugging of data models, databases, BI semantic layer, etc.
- Troubleshoot and resolve data, system and performance issues, providing higher tier support for production BI solutions
- Develop prototypes and templates for reporting
- Interpret end-user business requirements to develop and/or modify technical design specifications for off-the-shelf and/or custom-developed BI applications
- Work as part of a team to elicit, document, and finalize requirements for BI reporting (e.g. process modeling, data, business rules, functions, look and feel, etc.)
- Analyze and review software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints
- Assist in the development of ETL specifications, source-to-target mappings and other documentation required for ETL development and ensure such documentation is continuously maintained
- Communicate with developers and business customers to ensure that customer requirements are correctly translated to appropriate data and report design specifications
- Keep current with database, data modeling and data warehousing trends and technological innovations in order to make appropriate development recommendations
- Perform code reviews and unit and integration testing; assist with developing unit test scripts
- Lead and coordinate implementation activities
- Maintain documentation on application modifications and updates
- Migrate reporting objects and semantic layer development to testing and/or production environments
- Lead structured technical and functional walkthroughs of complex specifications and programming logic
- Monitor task automation and implement process improvements; recommends enhancements that result in increased quality, efficiencies, and overall value to the IT organization
- Monitor the effectiveness of established service level agreements to manage customer expectations and quality standards; assists with defining new service level agreements in response to changing needs
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Authorized to work in the US and will not require sponsorship now or in the future to work
- Available to work in the St. Louis office
- Minimum 4 years of OBIEE 11g & 12c high availability installation/administration experience across all components
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Linux system management and configuration
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Relational Databases and SQL, including ability to create DDL and DML scripts
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field strongly preferred
- Previous experience upgrading Oracle Business Intelligence (OBIEE) from 11g to 12c
- Previous experience working with at least one other Business Intelligence/Analytics platform (MicroStrategy, Business Objects, Tableau, etc.)
- Experience with the Amazon Web Services cloud ecosystem (EC2, RedShift, VPC and other networking/content delivery product, etc.)
Qualified applicants must also possess the following skills/competencies:
- Candidates must also demonstrate the ability to judge between what is requested and what is feasible given the parameters of the technology and the project, and demonstrate the ability to identify impending problems and raise and solve issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with various IT teams and business teams
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills which include the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw conclusions, and set priorities
- Excellent personal management skills emphasizing time management, organization, and attention to detail
- Ability to facilitate meetings with business customers and other technical resources
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to coach and mentor less senior team members
Meet Some of Enterprise Holdings's Employees
Area Car Sales Manager
Greg oversees an Enterprise Car Sales branch. He provides a balance of sales, training, and customer service management—and guides his team to meet their goals.
Back to top