Director - Global Information Security Operations
Enterprise Holdings is powered by technology. As a diverse team of idea enablers and problem-solvers, our more than 2,000 innovative IT professionals design, develop and drive the tech that is redefining how customers rent, buy and share vehicles from our family of brands - which includes Alamo Rent A Car, Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental.
Here, you will be part of a team that creates and delivers powerful solutions for more than 10,000 branch locations and 100,000 employees across the world with the resources and support to develop in a variety of career paths. Enterprise Holdings IT is a critical area of the business; we develop technical solutions that power our global operations and a fleet of 2 million vehicles, allowing our branch employees to exceed our customers' expectations.
We have an exciting opportunity for Director of Information Security, Monitoring and Response that will report directly to our Vice President, Information Security Officer. In this role, you will have oversight of our Global Cyber Security Center. This is an ideal opportunity for a dynamic, high performing and transformational leader to make an impact, grow and develop. Our Global Cyber Security Center is comprised of teams responsible for functions including, but not limited to, event monitoring, incident response, forensic analysis, cyber hunting, and threat intelligence. The purpose of this critical leadership position is to drive our Global Cyber Security Center forward in ongoing operational efficiency and effectiveness while ensuring strategic alignment with technology and business goals.
This role will require you to be to be an integrator of people, processes and technology, a visionary thought leader, a problem solver, and a partner with the business. A deep background in Information Security concepts, common technical security controls, and a specific focus on security operations is also required.
Additionally, you will be responsible for maintaining a culture of trust, balance, and partnership while fostering a highly creative, innovative, solutions-oriented approach to enhance the partnership and service orientation standards embodied at EHI.
- Lead Global Cyber Security center teams in support of EHI's Security Strategy with a focus on balance and value transparency.
- Attract, develop, and retain talent to strengthen the organization while providing team members with career growth opportunities inside of the broader security organization, as well as the overall IT organization.
- Develop and manage multiple teams through full employment cycle including performance management, and career development; build an effective leadership bench and lead others in doing the same.
- Implement and assist in development of operational security approaches, including staying abreast of current security trends, regulations, and technologies.
- Build a security culture of diversity, inclusion, and partnership amongst internal teams in a manner that fosters collaboration and partnership outside of the security organization.
- Maintain positive relationship with senior leaders from internal stakeholder groups such as IT, Internal Audit, Privacy, Legal, etc.
- In the event of an incident, ensure the efficient handling of investigative efforts through the GCSC teams including their engagement with IT peers, and provide executive level communication with timely updates
- Direct oversight of distributed US and UK resourced teams, including some work from home employees.
- Identify, report on, and manage to operational KPIs
- Must act calmly and competently in high pressure and high stress situations to technical and non-technical audiences
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- 9 or more years' experience leading large teams in the Information Security domain, with at least 5 years' focus in Global Security Ops
- Experience designing, implementing, and leading the operating of security tools including those used for monitoring, SIEM, UBEA, DLP, and forensics capabilities
- Experienced in industry wide information sharing models, including ISAC based relationships
- Strategic decision-making skills with a high degree of latitude
- Proven success creating, implementing, and executing transformational strategy
- Proven effectiveness communicating at the executive-level, including written, verbal and presentations.
- Exceptional interpersonal and collaboration skills with strong executive presence.
- Proven success positioning oneself as a thought leader in Information Security (internally and externally) by communicating concepts with poise.
- Thorough and up-to-date understanding of operational trends and developments in information security
- Proven ability to implement creative and innovative approaches to large, complex programs and business problems
- Past success navigating ambiguous scenarios with limited information or direction
- Proven success in leveraging cross-functional resources across departments and groups
- Proven success and exceptional ability to communicate and champion the strategic direction of the organization including the ability to articulate a clear, concise strategic vision and direction of the company; high degree of executive presence
- Prior success attracting and developing employees capable of achieving the goals and objectives of the company; past success identifying and targeting talent for new opportunities for further individual and organizational development
- Ability to simultaneously manage operations while developing and implementing strategic change
- Experience in all stages of the vendor management lifecycle
- Commitment to protecting our customers, our employees, and our brands by incorporating security and compliance in all decisions; ensures security policy and procedure requirements are met; continuously identifies opportunities for improvements and implements strategies to advance our security posture
- Must reside onsite at one of our three St. Louis based campuses, with the ability to travel between our local campuses as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field
- An MBA or graduate level degree in the information technology field is strongly preferred, or comparable experience.
- CISSP, CISM, or similar certification strongly preferred
Back to top