Department Manager- Car Sales
The Information Technology (I.T.) division of Enterprise Holdings builds and implements powerful solutions that help to drive and support the global operations of our brands and businesses, including Alamo Rent A Car, Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental. With 9,000 branch locations across the world and more than 97,000 employees, Enterprise Holdings and its affiliates own and operate almost 1.9 million cars and trucks.
Here, you will be part of a team that creates and delivers leading-edge technologies and expansive systems that impact every aspect of our growing businesses. We provide the resources to enable and develop our more than 2,000 innovative I.T. professionals in a variety of career paths. This is where it all starts. All systems GO!
The IT Car Sales Department partners with our business and many different IT Teams to deliver technology solutions that support our retail Car Sales operations. Enterprise Car Sales operates approximately 136 dealerships throughout the United States.
It is an exciting time in Car Sales IT. We are partnering with our business team on a strategic initiative to enhance the customer experience at our Car Sales locations. This effort will deliver technology in our dealerships and online that will allow customers to be more engaged and interactive in the car purchasing process, and enable our dealership employees to more effectively serve the customer's needs. This is a transformational initiative for our Car Sales business, with the goal of providing an optimized, efficient and engaging customer experience. Over the course of this initiative we will also evolve our development processes and enhance our operational readiness to support this new technology platform.
The successful candidate will be an integrator of people, processes and technology, a visionary thought leader, problem solver, and effective consultant who possesses a solid software design competency. The candidate will have experience working with software and service providers in the automotive industry. This individual will have a proven track record of identifying, attracting and developing strong leadership and high-performing technical talent within their organizations. The Department Manager will be responsible for fostering a highly creative, innovative, solutions-oriented team environment.
- Provides direction to align solution with strategic goals
- Leads resource identification and planning to support business objectives
- Defines forecast and expenses for area of responsibility
- Creates a collaborative team that supports a diverse environment
- Understands and communicates business goals and models company culture
- Collaborates with architects-systems, software, network, and enterprise-to bring together various requirements into one solution; represents business requirements as they relate to architecture design and implementation
- Leads the identification and documentation of core requirements; translates requirements into specific systems, applications, and process designs
- Ensures the alignment of multiple solutions with one another as well as with business and IT tools, technologies, and goals
- Recommends strategic solutions that reduce complexity of existing solutions and technology in the environment
- Leadership responsibilities include career planning/support, training, interviewing, hiring, rewarding, disciplining, and performance and salary reviews
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- Must possess a minimum of 5 years' experience successfully managing people (2 yrs leading other managers or lead technical individual contributors) including career planning/support, training, interviewing, hiring, rewarding, disciplining, and performance and salary reviews
- Must demonstrate excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, including good listening skills along with a strong leadership presence
- Must have experience defining, developing, communicating, and implementing standards, processes, and procedures for the team in a collaborative and diverse environment
- Must have experience with the development of strategic planning and forecasting for a department
- Must have experience determining scope of work, work prep and making work assignments in a fast paced, high-performance team
- Must have experience working directly with software and service providers in the automotive industry. Examples include Cox, CarFax, MaximTrak, RouteOne, etc.
- Must ensure compliance to and uphold security standards, processes, and procedures in all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- Must manage the execution of operational, tactical, and strategic activities on a day-to-day basis, including technical support for individual tasks
- Must provide escalation assistance; recommend potential solutions to issues; follow established escalation procedures; resolve complex issues
- Experience working in an Agile/Iterative development lifecycle
- Knowledge using Jira and Confluence
- Bachelor's degree is highly preferred and a Master's degree is preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
Meet Some of Enterprise Holdings's Employees
Shannon works at an Enterprise neighborhood rental branch, assisting customers with car rentals, encouraging fellow employees to reach their career goals, and growing herself all along the way.
Back to top