Engine No. 1 is investment firm purpose-built to lead the next generation of investing. We believe that creating value for shareholders cannot be separated from the impact companies have on their stakeholders. We also believe that a company’s performance is greatly enhanced by the investments it makes in workers, communities, and the environment. The firm intends to invest as an active, engaged owner in both public and private companies, with a focus to generate economic value over the long-term through four business lines: private equity/early investor, concentrated long/short funds, impact investment through activism campaigns and ETFs.
Founded by a seasoned team of industry leaders, we are seeking enthusiastic and engaged professionals to join us to help achieve the firm’s mission and help lead the movement towards more sustainable and inclusive capitalism.
We are seeking a sales professional responsible for promoting Engine No. 1 ETFs to the RIA Channel. The role will involve channel segmentation, FA qualifying and profiling as well as arranging appointments for meetings with RIAs, managing a multi-state region. We anticipate that the successful candidate will possess in-depth investment and market knowledge, product presentation skills, analytical abilities and advanced selling skills.
- Introduce current and prospective RIA clients to E1 ETFs and services through telephone conversations, web-based presentations, conference attendance and in-person meetings.
- Cultivate and manage client relationships by responding to client inquiries, providing ongoing communication with clients and prospects.
- Responsible for segmenting the RIA Channel, proactively promoting the E1 ETF suite of products to qualifying prospects via outbound telephone efforts, marketing-developed email campaigns, responding to inquiries, advertising and web lead follow-up, etc.
- Promote sharing and exchange of industry knowledge and trends across the sales teams and greater organization including assisting with developing key marketing strategies and their execution.
- Leverage the company resources in the execution of duties, including product specialists, capital markets team, product management and marketing.
- Achieve prescribed sales goals and activity metrics that could include: outbound dials, quality conversations, meeting scheduling, web-based presentations, RIA profiles and lead generation follow-up, as established by management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree.
- Advanced credentials preferred (or in process) such as CFA, CFP, CAIA.
- Appropriate FINRA licenses required (7 & 63).
- 10+ years of field sales experience within mutual funds and/or ETF sales required.
- Demonstrated record of selling success, achievement of sales goals in the financial professional channel, preferably the RIA Channel.
- ETF experience and knowledge.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to proactively call, email and visit RIA clients and prospects to educate on the E1 product suite, the individual product positioning and our value proposition in relation to the competitive landscape.
- Ability to conduct web-based presentations and to possess in-person presentation skills
- Ability to meet activity metric and sales goals objectives.
- Excellent verbal communications skills.
- Proficient territory management skills.
- Possess in-depth understanding of the ETF and investment products industry, financial concepts, product knowledge, investment management, and client-service strategies.
- Advanced understanding and experience in the usage of investment analytics, tools, etc.
- Be able to prioritize client projects and requests effectively.
- Understanding of RIA practice management, the business model of the RIA, the competitive landscape of RIA service models and the ability to identify critical services required of the RIA.
- Possess the breadth of product knowledge necessary in order to act as the E1 main point of contact in the RIA Channel, conducting all prospecting, profiling, selling, closing and servicing activities.
- Possess intermediate proficiency levels in consulting to clients, managing relationships, obtaining and processing information required to provide services, and providing sales support required.
- Ability to travel 25% as needed for product presentations, road shows, lead follow-up and conference attendance.
Engine No. 1 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.