Network Services Technician - Houston, TX 1080
Encore believes in the growth and development of every employee. From Driver to Director, you'll see it a hundred times. We believe that our greatest asset is our people, and in that we are serious about preserving the knowledge and expertise that our employees bring and acquire working for our company.
Encore Event Technologies is seeking a Networking Services Technician to be responsible for managing the client's computing and telecommunication network needs. The primary functions are to insure on-site groups internet and networking needs are being met and are functional. Additional duties include:
- Assist with requests for network management, labor and sales needs from their assigned property.
- Provides network configuration, on-site labor and technical assistance as requested/required from their assigned property and/or directed by the Manager of Network Services, assists in driving revenues through established pricing practices, is the liaison between Encore, its hotel partner and the meeting planner.
- Assist in creating and delivering VLANs, custom SSID, AP management and special network configurations.
- Assist Encore property staff in supporting technology needs through technical consultation and/or proactive involvement with key staff members and their appropriate customers.
- Manage the set-up and support of temporary client networks.
- Manage the installation, configuration and testing of computer equipment attached to the network.
- Provide technical assistance with network configurations such as creation of VLANs, custom SSID, static IPs, printer setups, Nomadix by-passes, etc.
- Provide technical labor assistance for the set-up and operation of events which are specifically scheduled for your assistance.
- Trouble-shoot connectivity, wired and wireless.
- Provide pre-sales guidance to our sales team.
- Anticipate and communicate capabilities to clients in coordination with our dedicated sales staff.
- Install and maintain on-site computer and network equipment.
- Provide hardware and software support to clients/end users.
- Provide excellent service to assigned property to facilitate profitable and technically flawless events to ensure satisfaction and repeat business.
- Assist Manager Network Services in deployment and management of Digital Signage assets throughout the facility including graphic design, video codec knowledge, and basic equipment troubleshooting skills.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum two years' experience in a customer service or hospitality position.
- Associates degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Strong desktop and end-user support
- Understanding of layer 2 & 3 TCP/IP networking principles
- Knowledge of layer 2 VLANs, including set-up and configuration
- Demonstrated knowledge of virtual private networks (VPN)
- Must have working knowledge of a variety of computer software programs, including MS Windows and MS Office Suite
- Windows support and maintenance - configuration and installation, system imaging, support and maintenance
- Apple Mac support and maintenance
- Mobile device support
EEO is the Law (English) EEO is the Law (Spanish)
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act, if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Freeman, e-mail Freeman.Recruiting@freemanco.com. Inquiries should be limited to disability-related assistance only.
Meet Some of Encore Event Technologies's Employees
Reece is in charge of every detail involved with the setup, running, and eventual teardown of each event Encore creates with its partners.
Back to top