Software Engineer (PHP)
As a member of the Information Technology Development Team, a Web Developer Develops, Tests, implements, and maintains proprietary web based user interfaces for Empyrean and our clients. They are responsible for troubleshooting systems problems and issues and identifying ways to improve existing or developed applications.
To fulfill this role, the web developer will:
- Work within an agile development team working in sprints with deliverables and demonstration of results.
- Develop, test, implement, and maintain client/user-facing self service tools for activities such as benefit elections, manage life events, beneficiary changes, etc.
- Develop, test, implement, and maintain internal/administrative tools such as client web-site configuration tools, processing scripts and continuous integration.
- Write unit tests based on system requirements
- Understand Internet and client/server architectures.
- Understand PHP and PHP MVC Frameworks
- Understand expectations that were set with product owner and recognize when issues/events may affect delivery.
- Create logical and innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Work closely with a variety stakeholders to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction.
- Share acquired skills with team members through formal and informal channels.
- Ensure that there is proper documentation of standard procedures.
- College degree
- 3-5 year experience as a Developer
- Strong PHP experience (Symfony preferred)
- Proficient with web technologies : SOAP, REST, HTTP
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficient in the use of development methodologies; e.g., Agile, Scrum
- Well developed written and verbal communication skills, specifically documentation skills
- Prior experience in benefit program administration and knowledge of Health and Welfare processes a plus
- Strong attention to detail and quality conscious, yet open and flexible to others ideas and suggestions
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and work effectively in a multi tasking environment
One person can make a difference. If you desire responsibility and an opportunity to succeed in a team oriented environment Empyrean Benefit Solutions is the place to be.
Meet Some of Empyrean's Employees
Recruiter, Human Resources
In addition to overseeing the recruitment process for all of the Empyrean teams, Erica is also the first point of contact for the entire Human Resources Department.
Back to top