As a member of the Information Technology Development Team, a Senior Web Developer designs, develops, tests, implements, and maintains proprietary web based user interfaces for Empyrean and our clients. They are responsible for troubleshooting systems problems and issues and identifying ways to improve existing or developed applications.
To fulfill this role, the web developer will:
- Transition a legacy MVC application to a modern, single-page application (greenfield project).
- Help train, educate and mentor junior developers.
- Create reusable and modular components.
- Create APIs consumed by proprietary and 3rd-party applications.
- Create tooling to optimize and reduce repetitive and complex tasks.
- Work within an agile development team working in sprints with deliverables and demonstration of results.
- Participate in design meetings in order to create logical and innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Share existing and acquired skills with team members through formal and informal mentoring.
- Design, develop, test, implement, and maintain client/user-facing self service tools for activities such as benefit elections, manage life events, beneficiary changes, etc.
- Write unit and end-to-end tests based on system requirements.
- Understand expectations that were set with product owner and recognize when issues/events may affect delivery.
- Work closely with a variety stakeholders to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction.
- Ensure that there is proper documentation of standard procedures.
- College degree.
- 4-6 year experience as a Developer.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, specifically in documentation.
- Strong attention to detail and quality conscious, yet open and flexible to others ideas and suggestions.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and effectively multitask.
- Experience with Node.js and Express.
- Proficient with web technologies: SOAP, REST, HTTP, and Web Sockets.
- Understand various architectures (Flux, MVC, microservices, actor model).
- Understand development methodologies; e.g., Agile, Scrum, Kanban.
- Reactive Functional Programming experience is a plus.
- Experience with PHP, ASP.NET MVC, ServiceStack, and Orleans is a plus.
- Prior experience in benefit program administration and knowledge of Health and Welfare processes a plus.
One person can make a difference. If you desire responsibility and an opportunity to succeed in a team oriented environment Empyrean Benefit Solutions is the place to be.
Back to top