Senior COBRA Direct Bill Business Analyst
- Houston, TX
Internal candidates, please visit Intranet > Career Opportunities for the application process
The CDB (COBRA Direct Bill) Business Systems Analyst - Senior is accountable for service delivery for clients using Empyrean for COBRA and/or Direct Bill administration platform. A typical client alignment consists of a group of clients with various degrees of size and complexity who may be in implementation or in ongoing mode. The Business Systems Analyst - Senior is accountable for the successful execution of all tasks that support the integration of COBRA and/or Direct Bill administration with benefits administration delivery for implementation and ongoing clients both internally and externally to clients. The Business Systems Analyst – Senior may also direction to aligned CDB Business Systems Analysts and CDB Operations Analysts. The Business Systems Analysts - Senior role requires an in-depth systems/technology background, especially on data integration and file processing, and health and welfare domain knowledge. The CDB Business Systems Manager will develop an in depth understanding of the WEX CDB platform and data structures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Consistently demonstrates core Empyrean values: attitude, aptitude, and ownership.
Ownership of continuous gross margin improvement through configuration, out of scope project support, automation, process improvement, quality assurance, and support of co-worker growth In partnership with the CDB Operations Manager, drives accountability for team performance and owns CDB client dashboard, including client satisfaction, client profitability, change management tickets, case management, and data checks for aligned clients
Ensures that compliance regulations are met across aligned clients, including SOC1 Coordinates with Implementation Managers and Client Service Managers on project management and resource allocation for aligned clients. Works with CDB Operations Manager to assure compliance with COBRA reporting requirements.
Ensures resources complete assigned tasks in a quality manner
Responsible for implementation configuration management of COBRA and Direct Bill requirements and data mapping and integration in V2.
Accountable for BSA development across book of business through direct coaching and mentoring
Follows and enforces Empyrean’s data security policies
Is aware of all planned provision migrations across assigned teams, and manages and reinforces team adherence to provision migration protocols. Anticipates impact on CDB service delivery and plans accordingly.
Is aware of all planned V2 base platform releases and works with aligned teams to understand the content, assess impact, and execute testing, as required. Anticipates impact on CDB service delivery and plans accordingly.
Is aware of all planned WEX CDB Major and patch releases and works with aligned teams to understand the content, assess impact, and execute testing, as required. Anticipates impact on CDB service delivery and plans accordingly. Effectively communicates with Empyrean Carrier Operations team.
Provides guidance and supports COBRA and Direct Bill file issue research and resolution, including direct coordination with clients to correct V2 system configuration or even processing issues
Demonstrates in-depth knowledge and understanding of current and new CDB system functionality; is able to effectively convey to and consult with clients regarding changes and decisions that may impact them; escalates gaps in functionality as appropriate
Demonstrates in-depth knowledge and understanding of client COBRA and Direct Bill requirements and statements of work for aligned clients
Provides quality oversight and guidance and ensures adherence to Empyrean best practices and standards
May work with the Enterprise Information Technology and the Application Development teams to
develop solutions and resolve issues related to CDB integration and/or WEX releases.
Records and submits time accurately and timely against assigned project codes
Perform other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Education: BA/BS degree.
Experience: 3+ years benefits administration, Empyrean V2 technology platform experience preferred, and project management experience. Direct external client consulting experience preferred. Strong
communication and analytical skills required. Or, any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
- Working knowledge of the Health & Welfare industry, domain knowledge, benefit outsourcing systems, and, specifically, proficient / expert rating in the V2 technology platform and data structures
- Working knowledge of how COBRA events are managed in V2
- Working knowledge of how Direct Bill events are managed in V2
- Expert knowledge of Carrier Reporting in V2, includes working knowledge of Account Structures
- Working knowledge of Premium Reporting in V2
- Expert Knowledge of OE processes, specifically as related to Eligibility and how Benefit, Plans, Options, Rates, Structures are impacted/changed at OE
- Demonstrated Learning Agility; will need to develop a working understanding of the WEX CDB Platform and expert level knowledge of CDB data structures
- Excellent customer focus/service orientation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Continuous improvement and team work mindset
- Microsoft suite skills including advanced Excel proficiency
- SQL/Python proficiency
- Consistently demonstrates and influences attitude, aptitude, and ownership
- Collaborates well with team members by being open to questions, providing effective coaching, and maintaining a positive team environment
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Experienced time management skills, including the ability to run many projects simultaneously
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to be flexible and work under pressure to meet strict deadlines in a team environment
- Must be a self-starter
- Ability to carry out assigned projects to their completion; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, customers, prospective customers and vendors; ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information; ability to understand and follow instructions
Back to top