Senior API Software Engineer
As a member of the Enterprise Product Development Team, a Senior API Software Engineer develops, tests, implements, and maintains proprietary business APIs for Empyrean and our clients.
They are responsible for designing, securing, developing, and delivering Empyrean’s internal micro-service APIs and external mobile and UI APIs.
- Work within agile development team sprints with deliverables and demonstration of results.
- Participate in design meetings to create logical, innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Share existing and acquired skills with team members through formal and informal mentoring.
- Design, develop, test, implement, and maintain internal and external secure REST based APIs.
- Design, develop, and implement the authentication and authorization models across APIs.
- Enforce consistency across APIs (naming, validation, security, status codes, etc.).
- Work closely with UI/UX team to provide the needed APIs for web applications and mobile applications.
- Understand expectations set with product owner.
- Work closely with a variety stakeholders to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction.
- Provide documentation and developer specifications for using APIs.
- College degree
- 4-6 year experience developing APIs using .NET Framework (Web API or Service Stack preferred)
- Strong knowledge of security protocols and patterns (OAUTH/2, Open Id Connect, SAML, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of HTTP / Status Codes, API design patterns
- Adherence to SOLID principals
- Proficient using GIT source control
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficient in the use of development methodologies; e.g., Agile, Scrum
- Well-developed written, verbal
communication skills – specifically documentation
- Prior experience in benefit program administration; knowledge of Health
and Welfare processes a plus
- Strong attention to detail; quality conscious,
yet open, flexible to other's ideas, suggestions
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and work effectively in a multi-tasking environment
Meet Some of Empyrean's Employees
Recruiter, Human Resources
In addition to overseeing the recruitment process for all of the Empyrean teams, Erica is also the first point of contact for the entire Human Resources Department.
Back to top