Senior API Software Engineer
As a member of the Enterprise Product Development Team, a Senior API Software Engineer develops, tests, implements, and maintains proprietary business APIs for Empyrean and our clients.
They are responsible for designing, securing, developing, and delivering Empyrean’s internal micro-service APIs and external mobile and UI APIs.
- Work within agile development team sprints with deliverables and demonstration of results.
- Participate in design meetings to create logical, innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Share existing and acquired skills with team members through formal and informal mentoring.
- Design, develop, test, implement, and maintain internal and external secure REST based APIs.
- Design, develop, and implement the authentication and authorization models across APIs.
- Enforce consistency across APIs (naming, validation, security, status codes, etc.).
- Work closely with UI/UX team to provide the needed APIs for web applications and mobile applications.
- Understand expectations set with product owner.
- Work closely with a variety stakeholders to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction.
- Provide documentation and developer specifications for using APIs.
- College degree
- 4-6 year experience developing APIs using .NET Framework (Web API or Service Stack preferred)
- Strong knowledge of security protocols and patterns (OAUTH/2, Open Id Connect, SAML, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of HTTP / Status Codes, API design patterns
- Adherence to SOLID principals
- Proficient using GIT source control
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficient in the use of development methodologies; e.g., Agile, Scrum
- Well-developed written, verbal
communication skills – specifically documentation
- Prior experience in benefit program administration; knowledge of Health
and Welfare processes a plus
- Strong attention to detail; quality conscious,
yet open, flexible to other's ideas, suggestions
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and work effectively in a multi-tasking environment
Back to top