Senior Accounting Manager, CPA
The Director of Accounting will be responsible for leading part of the accounting function in a dynamic fast-paced environment. This position will be responsible for overseeing all audit, tax, and treasury functions as well as supporting internal controls compliance and technical accounting oversight. This role reports to VP of Finance.
- Manage the treasury function
- Identify and implement technology to automate processes
- Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing accounting policies and procedures
- Partner with the Controller in overseeing the operations of the accounting department and organizational structure to ensure achievement of departmental goals and objectives
- Maintain financial staff job performance by coaching and counseling; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
- Assist in overseeing all accounts, ledgers, financial statements and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements
- Manage relationships with outside auditors; coordinate the preparation of the annual audited financial statements and work papers
- Oversee the accounting operations of subsidiary companies including license management and state reporting requirements
- Design, develop and publish key financial metrics for distribution to senior leadership
- Assist senior leadership with the preparation of their annual departmental budgets
- Participate as needed in the annual budgeting and forecasting process
- Review variances to operating budget and report significant issues to senior leadership and budget owners
- Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal reporting requirements and tax filings
- Monitor industry accounting trends to establish and implement best practices
- Monitor pending technical guidance and the impact on the Client’s financial reporting
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance with equivalent related experience
- Must have a minimum of 10+ years of progressive accounting experience including audit in either public or private sector
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Good understanding of federal tax basis of accounting
- Strong Microsoft Office suite skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- System knowledge required: Microsoft Dynamics software, knowledge of other Accounting/Payroll software and Forecasting/Budgeting software a plus.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively multi-task on a daily basis with shifting priorities.
- Ability to work independently, exercise judgment and make sound decisions that will have a financial impact on the company
- Team player with independent initiative.
- Thorough and analytical attention to detail and critical thinking.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work extended hours as needed to accommodate monthly, quarterly and year-end closings.
Meet Some of Empyrean's Employees
Recruiter, Human Resources
In addition to overseeing the recruitment process for all of the Empyrean teams, Erica is also the first point of contact for the entire Human Resources Department.
Back to top