Director of Operations
Director – Operations
The Director – Operations is accountable for the overall client satisfaction, relationship and aligned resources for all health plans within their Client Service Group. The Director is ultimately accountable for all aspects of benefit administration delivery both internally and externally to clients. The Director is responsible for the financial success of all clients within the Client Service Group in support of the organizations financial goals. From a people management perspective, the Director directly manages aligned Client Service Managers and Operations Managers, and is responsible for the performance and growth of all aligned Business Analysts. The Director role requires pro-active leadership and a strong Project Management background in leading large scale, complex clients.
- Builds and manages trusted client partnerships for all aligned clients within the Client Service Group
- Manages client satisfaction of all aligned clients within the Client Service Group
- Drives integration within the Client Service Group, Shared Services, & Call Center
- Promotes a culture of high quality service, independence, innovation, and entrepreneurship within the Client Service Group
- Drives the accurate recognition and collection of Out of Scope revenue and upsell opportunities in support of meeting the Client Service Group’s revenue targets
- Drives operational efficiency and other cost-management activities to reduce costs
- Tracks and reports Client Service Group financial and operational results to senior management team
- Manages client staffing needs across the Client Service Group and works with other Directors and potentially HR to address staffing shortages if necessary
- Directly manages aligned manager roles and is accountable for the performance, growth, and engagement of all aligned resources
- Leverages aligned resources to generate results
- Holds aligned resources accountable for behaviors that support Empyrean’s policies and procedures
- Participates in Business Development activities – including but not limited to client demos, site visits, and RFP information collection
- Participates in prospective employee interviews and work closely with HR on recruiting efforts
- Participates in Product Management activities via Change Management Committee and IT Sprint Planning to help shape the future of Empyrean’s H&B platform
- Builds expertise in compliance, regulatory, and legislative knowledge of Health & Benefits industry to serve as Practice Leader
- Participates in strategic corporate projects, including new business channel development and acquisition integration
- 5 - 8 years project management experience managing multifaceted projects and teams, including on-site and virtual management.
- Previous benefits administration and client consulting experience
- Proficient in coaching others
- Advanced knowledge of benefits business, including products and services, operations, and delivery.
- Knowledge of general system environment and process flow.
- Regulatory and legislative knowledge in aligned service area (Health & Welfare).
- Strong knowledge of overall financial management.
- Understanding of benefits outsourcing systems and application platform.
- Excellent knowledge of project management tools and techniques, following best practice to initiate, take responsibility for, and achieve defined project outcomes
- Able to effectively estimate, negotiate, acquire, and manage resources, including people and budgets
- Proven ability to establish the critical path in the most complex client situations and able to manage to it in order to meet deadlines
- Proactive in working and resolving conflicts among team members
- Able to influence others, individually and in group settings, in order to obtain client commitment and grow business opportunities
- Excellent customer focus/service orientation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Continuous improvement and team work mindset
Meet Some of Empyrean's Employees
Recruiter, Human Resources
In addition to overseeing the recruitment process for all of the Empyrean teams, Erica is also the first point of contact for the entire Human Resources Department.
Back to top