Director of Business Development
- Minneapolis, MN
The Business Development role at Empyrean Benefit Solutions could be your next big career move. Our organization is currently seeking high-energy, driven professionals with sound business acumen and natural sales instincts.
Empyrean’s Regional Business Development role is a very entrepreneurial position. This individual owns the entire sales cycle for health and welfare administration outsourcing services sold to large market employers within their geographic area. Generating Leads and Opportunities through outbound, strategic & targeted prospecting into large companies
- This position is a hunter role
- This position will target employers that have employee lives between 1,500 - 9,000
- This position requires at least 30% travel
- This position is a State territory with remote office
Specific role functions include;
- Prospecting for new business within a defined account base and/or geography;
- Qualification of opportunities;
- Relationship building;
- Solution creation;
- Management RFP and proposal generation;
- Contract negotiation;
- Close deals;
- Serving as a key on-going contact for the client;
- Being a trusted member of the core account team, helping to define a successful approach for your region;
To enable the above, Empyrean has a sales support group for RFP creation and general sales support, as well as technology enabled tools that automate prospecting and lead generation.
Patience, hard work and diligence are key to success, as well as an ability to understand the prospective client’s needs and align Empyrean’s capabilities specific to identified needs. All sales ultimately require the coordinated input and work of a larger team. Thus, leadership skills and the ability to work within a team dynamic are critically important. The Regional Business Developer must be adept at developing a winning strategy (leveraging existing and potentially developing sales collateral, coordinating pricing and strategic positioning), and then orchestrating and leading a team of subject matter experts, senior managers and executives to positive end.
Empyrean offers a fast-paced, innovative environment where you will be provided the tools, and outstanding leadership to sell business solutions and take your career to the next level!
To fulfill this role, the Business Developer must:
- Be a highly motivated self-starter;
- Be extremely organized and professional;
- Work effectively within a group dynamic;
- Demonstrated proficiency in leading and effectively facilitating sales meetings;
- Have demonstrated leadership skills and capabilities;
- Possess a track record of stability and sales success with complex, technology enabled services:
- Exhibit a strong understanding of human resources, benefit and healthcare domain knowledge;
- Have a proven understanding of the employer/employee dynamic;
- Demonstrated success in developing, building and managing relationships with client organizations;
- Be a confident, resilient and achievement oriented individual who can actively listen to clients, identify needs and match client needs to Empyrean capabilities;
- Possess a high level of aptitude with MS Office products, especially PowerPoint, MS Word and Excel;
- Be consultative by nature; and
- Be team oriented while possessing effective leadership skills.
- College degree;
- 5 or more years relevant experience in HCM SaaS Sales role
- A history of success in sales to major accounts;
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills; and
- Demonstrated analytical capabilities.
Back to top