Client Service Representative, Tier II
The Client Service Representative – Tier II’s provides high quality client and member-focused service using knowledge of plans, products, systems, and procedures to meet or exceed client and member expectations. CSR TIER II's answer questions and resolve issues based on phone calls, emails, and internet inquiries from members and clients; access information from a variety of systems and references; and focus on identifying problems and achieving the best solution. CSR TIER II's also act as a knowledge resource to other team members either through training initiatives or through side-by-side sessions. This position requires effective oral communication skills with internal and external customers. CSR TIER II's handle a wide variety of calls and cases, identify service problems, and initiate appropriate action to resolve problems.Essential responsibilities:
- Answers questions and resolves issues based on phone calls, emails, internet inquiries from members, clients and others while maintaining consistent quality.
- Research and respond to enrollment issues.
- Provide problem resolution by effectively communicating with other departments, product vendors, and the participant or client.
- Receive, distribute and/or own tasks including resolution and appropriate customer support.
- Effectively document and track contacts with participants, clients and vendors.
- Ensure all interactions with customers (both internal and external) are professional and courteous.
- Escalate appropriate referrals, complaints, grievance and appeals according to client requirements.
- Educate participants, clients and others on self-service options.
- Assist in preparation of daily, weekly or monthly reports.
- Update member data including dependents, change of addresses, etc., ensuring data integrity.
- Completes tasks, generates letters and files associated paperwork.
- Effectively interact with all team members for purpose of resolving participants' or clients' needs.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Generate reports and complete projects in conjunction with Team or Client Services.
- Complete miscellaneous team functions--mail, Fedex, photocopying, faxing, etc., as needed.
- Assist with customer tours or audits as requested.
- Complete Customer correspondence, surveys, and mailers related to Client Services initiatives as requested.
- Receive and resolve participant questions in coordination with the Administration Team.
- Handle account changes such as benefit level, plan selection, consolidations.
- Ensure data integrity.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Act as a knowledge base to other team members and assist with escalated calls and issues that require immediate assistance.
- Assist with timely case resolution by reaching out to internal and external resources for resolution
- May from time to time be required to assist with quality reviews for other representatives and provide the necessary training.
- Be available to train certain client specific information to ensure that quality is upheld.
- Ensure that all representatives are available during peak times to ensure service level agreements are maintained.
- Must be available to work an 8 hour shift anytime between 7:00am - 7:00pm, Monday through Friday.
- Successful candidates must demonstrate a strong customer service focus with previous inbound call center experience.
- At least 2 – 5 years previous Benefit or Insurance Customer Service experience required.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Analytical skills.
- A sense of urgency and ability to prioritize to meet deadlines
- Positive, helpful approach to problem solving.
- Excellent listening and probing skills.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel and Internet Explorer
- Salesforce experience would be a plus
- Above average keyboarding skills.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality are essential.
- Must be available for overtime during the week and Saturdays, as needed.
One person can make a difference. If you desire responsibility and an opportunity to succeed in a team oriented environment Empyrean Benefit Solutions is the place to be.
Meet Some of Empyrean's Employees
Recruiter, Human Resources
In addition to overseeing the recruitment process for all of the Empyrean teams, Erica is also the first point of contact for the entire Human Resources Department.
Back to top