Call Center Team Manager
The team lead provides direct oversight and supervision of the day-to-day operations of one or more of the following teams: Inbound call center, Direct Bill, Claims data entry, Report Generation, Claims resolution, Document control (mail processing, claims scanning, document imaging and indexing)Essential responsibilities:
- Analyzes operational workflow to ensure quality, quantity, and efficiency standards are met or exceeded.
- Assists and advises staff members in resolving problems and issues that arise with internal and external customers.
- Interacts with project team on a regular basis to determine needs or problems and provide appropriate, feasible solutions.
- Establishes, builds, and maintains positive working relationships to ensure that all data is processed according to policy. Designs, implements and monitors reports and communications on regular basis. Participate in the development, implementation and improvement of departmental policies and procedures.
- Develop, monitor, and adjust as necessary, quality processes to provide performance measurement standards for individuals and the department.
- Provide feedback and coaching via regular one-on-one meetings. Conduct formal performance appraisals and appropriate disciplinary action in a timely manner as well as in accordance to Empyrean Benefit's Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Ensures that the team maintains a thorough understanding of the client's plans and benefit regulations by periodically testing their knowledge.
- Provide team development activities; motivate the team to ensure high morale and service. Monitor and develop programs to enhance employee recognition and career development for individuals on the team.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and sense of urgency to ensure client and participant expectations are consistently met.
- Complete and report to the management team the results of quality measurements, phone statistics, customer usage, service trends and customer feedback as defined (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, etc.).
- Assist with the recruitment, hiring and training of new employees and ongoing training and support for the team(s).
- Participate in Client implementation planning, documentation, support, and team training.
- Ensure adequate phone coverage to meet client Service Level Agreements.
- Monitor and coordinate department functions to meet deadlines required by customers and operations.
- Train CSR's on Case Management and related systems. Ensure data integrity with proper use of case management and other tools.
- Monitor the telecommunication services, email, web chat, and fax requirements to allow for full support of customer service deliverables.
- Ensure compliance with Federal, State and Local laws.
- Accept and resolve escalated customer service problems and calls from clients.
- Develop and implement action plans to improve ongoing customer service delivery for specified clients.
- Participate in customer tours and assist with internal audits and special projects, as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Successful candidates must demonstrate a strong customer service focus.
- Two to five years supervisory experience in a call center environment, health & welfare benefit administration or related field.
- Bachelor's degree and/or a combination of education and specific work experience.
- Must be proficient in MS office (Including Excel) and Internet Explorer
- Self-starter with excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Fast learner, quality consciousness and committed to deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate, and coach an empowered team of CSR's.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills; proven ability to research, follow up and resolve complex issues or problems surfaced by the team.
- Ability to create a team setting that encourages both individual and team accomplishments; ability to establish goals and evaluate the performance of team members.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Technical skills including Microsoft Office Suite; strong proficiency with MS Excel.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of health and welfare benefits, Section 125 FSA claim processing, COBRA, and retiree direct billing.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated professionalism and sense of urgency to ensure client expectations are consistently met.
- Flexibility to work a shift between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m.
Meet Some of Empyrean's Employees
Recruiter, Human Resources
In addition to overseeing the recruitment process for all of the Empyrean teams, Erica is also the first point of contact for the entire Human Resources Department.
Back to top