Benefits Process Analyst
The focus of the Benefits Processing Analyst is to ensure accurate and timely processing of benefit transactions and case management in compliance with client processes. Through quality assurance, speed, and accuracy, the Health & Welfare Benefit Processing Analyst will ensure that ongoing client teams meet both internal and external Service Level Agreements (SLA) tied to assigned processes and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Consistently demonstrates core Empyrean values: attitude, aptitude, and ownership.
- Provides benefit processing support for the day to day service and administration of Health and Welfare plans using standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Executes and tracks assigned client deliverables using SOPs according to the client specific processing calendar, and keeps process tracking tool up to date on a daily basis.
- Reviews and maintains SOPs for assigned clients on an ongoing basis.
- Executes against key metrics communicated for compliance, case management, data checks, and client specific service level agreements (SLAs).
- Records and submits time accurately and timely against assigned project codes.
- Works under generalized direction within established processes and practices to ensure accuracy and timeliness.
- Completes data entry changes and event processing for employees and their qualified dependents for benefit levels and/or plan election as required based upon client specific SOP.
- Identify and escalate concerns to be analyzed and resolved to prevent reoccurring issues, improve quality, and reduce ongoing case volume.
- Collaborate with and support team members in processing client related tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to recognize the breakdown in the processing and escalate to the stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Maintain a basic understanding of Empyrean platform generated reports for assigned clients.
- Consistently enhances knowledge, skills, and abilities through training and coaching.
- Develop, review and maintain standard operating procedures for assigned clients on an ongoing basis.
- Initiate basic research into client processing issues under guidance and report findings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Reports directly to the Sr. Manager, Quality & Business Processes
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Education: College degree a plus
Experience: 2+ years previous experience in Benefits Administration, Health or Life insurance Customer Service, or Transactional Processing.
Or, any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, including Excel
- Detail Oriented
- A sense of urgency and ability to prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and work under pressure to meet strict deadlines in a team environment
- Work under supervision and/or guidance
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, writing and analytical skills
- Excellent attendance and punctuality are essential
- A drive to learn and become a subject matter expert
- Ability to read, write and verbally communicate effectively in English
- Ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to understand and follow instructions
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CONTACTS
The Processing Analyst 1 interfaces in person, by phone and via email with cross functional teams within the organization and vendors.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work involves walking, talking, hearing, using hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reaching with hands and arms. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee may be required to lift and/or carry up to 10 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
Meet Some of Empyrean's Employees
Erica O.Recruiter, Human Resources
In addition to overseeing the recruitment process for all of the Empyrean teams, Erica is also the first point of contact for the entire Human Resources Department.
Back to top