Annual Enrollment Client Service Representative
The Customer Service Representative provides high quality client and member-focused service using knowledge of plans, products, systems, and procedures to meet or exceed client and member expectations. CSR's answer questions and resolve issues based on phone calls, emails, and internet inquiries from members and clients; access information from a variety of systems and references; and focus on identifying problems and achieving the best solution. This requires effective oral communication skills with internal and external customers. CSR's handle a wide variety of calls, identify service problems, and initiate appropriate action to resolve problems. They utilize systems to track all events and outcomes and educate customers on a daily basis through routine calls.
- Answers questions and resolves issues based on phone calls, emails, internet inquiries from members, clients and others while maintaining consistent quality.
- Research and respond to enrollment issues.
- Provide problem resolution by effectively communicating with other departments, product vendors, and the participant or client.
- Receive, distribute and/or own tasks including resolution and appropriate customer support.
- Effectively document and track contacts with participants, clients and vendors.
- Ensure all interactions with customers (both internal and external) are professional and courteous.
- Escalate appropriate referrals, complaints, grievance and appeals according to client requirements.
- Educate participants, clients and others on self-service options.
- Assist in preparation of daily, weekly or monthly reports.
- Update member data including dependents, change of addresses, etc., ensuring data integrity.
- Completes tasks, generates letters and files associated paperwork.
- Effectively interact with all team members for purpose of resolving participants' or clients' needs.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Generate reports and complete projects in conjunction with Team or Client Services.
- Complete miscellaneous team functions--mail, Fedex, answering phones, photocopying, faxing, etc., as needed.
- Assist with customer tours or audits as requested.
- Utilize computer systems and reports to support customer needs.
- Assist with account transition and training requirements.
- Complete Customer correspondence, surveys, and mailers related to Client Services initiatives as requested.
- Receive and resolve participant questions in coordination with the Administration Team.
- Handle account changes such as benefit level, plan selection, consolidations.
- Ensure data integrity.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Successful candidates must demonstrate a strong customer service focus
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Analytical skills.
- Positive, helpful approach to problem solving.
- Excellent listening and probing skills.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel.
- Above average keyboarding skills.
- Attendance Requirements
- Excellent attendance and punctuality are essential.
- Must be available to work any 8 hour shift anytime between 7:00am - 8:00pm, Monday through Friday.
- Must be available for overtime during the week and Saturdays, as needed.
- Customer Service Representatives benefit from several weeks of paid training, which must be completed with no absences.
Empyrean Benefit Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer
Meet Some of Empyrean's Employees
Recruiter, Human Resources
In addition to overseeing the recruitment process for all of the Empyrean teams, Erica is also the first point of contact for the entire Human Resources Department.
Back to top