VP, User Experience Design & Research
- Providence, RI
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced VP, User Experience, Design and Research to join a leading SaaS Product organization, and act in a strategic, leadership role to help shape the company’s product offerings, driving better usability, deeper adoption and genuine engagement.
This individual manages a group of professional designers and researchers that help form and propel the execution of product design at eMoney. The UX team defines, builds, maintains, and enforces an evolving set of UX standards to ensure usability, consistency, and aesthetics throughout the product, and to drive deeper product adoption and engagement. The role is both a hands-on and strategic role, which requires a solid background in the conceptualizing, design and creation of first-class product experiences for the product’s varied user base. The VP, User Experience, Design and Research will define the strategic UX vision and roadmap across the eMoney product suite, ensuring alignment with the product roadmap, market and customer needs, and technical frameworks. As such, the individual will need to develop strong and collaborative working relationships with leaders across the Product Management, Marketing, and Development organizations. In addition, the individual will need to regularly communicate and engage with customers, prospects and other stakeholders, both internally and externally.
- Build, lead, grow and mentor a highly collaborative, high-performing team of UI/UX designers and UX researchers.
- Shape, define and continuously evolve the strategic vision of product design at eMoney, aligned with customer needs and business goals.
- Regularly communicate the UX vision across the organization to ensure alignment at all levels and functions.
- Provide line of sight as to how the strategic vision aligns to company-wide roadmap, goals and objectives, setting team and individual goals that support those objectives and managing resources accordingly.
- Ensure our products are on the leading edge of user experience, usability, and accessibility, maximizing the product’s relevance.
- Regularly track and communicate success metrics and KPIs that illustrate the strength of the product’s user experience.
- Monitor and drive the product throughout the full product lifecycle, from creation of design concepts to the final launch of the product, as well as post-launch monitoring and analysis.
- Serve as the champion and evangelist for the gold standard of user experience and design at eMoney, both externally and internally, constantly inspiring and challenging the team to create industry-leading work and to follow user-centered, iterative design processes.
- Provide direction and governance on best practices and processes across team to enable a consistent and scalable approach to product design, user interviews, user research, usability testing, and measurement.
- Supervise and support the creation of customer journey and user flows, user personas, wireframes, mockups, and final UI designs, which synthesize user data and research, helping the entire organization share insights and vision.
- Collaborate and align with Product Management, Marketing, and Development, as well as partners, customers, and other stakeholders to prioritize and execute on a consistent roadmap and set of priorities.
- Continuously understand, research, and communicate design, UX, and market trends that should be considered and incorporated into the eMoney strategy.
- BS in UI/UX Design, Interaction Design, Computer Science, or related field required
- 12+ years of experience in Design and/or User Experience functions, preferably in a SaaS environment and/or in the financial services/fintech industry
- 7+ years’ experience in managing people
- Track record of success leading high-performing UX teams and achieving aggressive company and business objectives
- A strategic vision for Customer Experience (CX)
- Experience with Agile and SAFe would be a plus
- Demonstrated success and excellence in UI/UX design for complex applications, and in setting and defining a UX strategy and vision aligned with product roadmap and company goals and financial targets.
- Excellent leadership skills
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, collaborate to solve problems, clearly present design ideas and solutions, and keep colleagues and stakeholders informed
- Ability to act as UX champion and evangelist, both internally and externally
- Thorough knowledge of design principles, usability principles, and UX research methods (quantitative and qualitative) and how best to apply them within the product development process.
- Experience applying Design Thinking to ambiguous situations, digital and non-digital, to frame problems and opportunities, and to work toward their solutions.
- Technically savvy, able to work with development and engineering teams leveraging agile development methodologies.
- Excellent teamwork skills, and the ability to lead, influence, motivate, and inspire cross-functional teams
- The ability to make decisions quickly and efficiently, and the drive to lead teams to execute on defined vision, in pursuit of company goals and objectives
- Extensive knowledge of the financial services industry.
- Excellent analytic thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented, and willing to continuously learn, adapt and evolve
Back to top