Vice President, Product Management
The VP of Product Management drives full-life cycle product management for a large portion of the eMoney product portfolio. The VP of Product Management is the primary driver of the product vision for the assigned portfolio. This leadership role defines the product strategy for the product portfolio, overseeing the prioritization and development of products and delivery of solutions to clients. In addition, the VP of Product Management is responsible for addressing company-wide issues and aligning the strategy across organizations and products within the broader eMoney product suite.
A strong VP, Product Management will drive better processes, encourage more cooperation and create coherent products. The following are important responsibilities of an effective candidate:
1- Connect activities and deliverables to business outcomes.
2- Ensure the product vision and strategy aligns to company goals.
3- Drive real participation and input across the organization.
4- Build organizational support for good decision-making.
5- Oversees the effective integration of all products within the portfolio and ensures market coherence
- Leads, manages and mentors a team of Directors, Product Managers, Product Owners and related personnel.
- Recruits and develops a strong team of employees.
- Planning, assigning and directing workloads.
- Oversees the product lifecycle management from concept to phasing out of the product(s) across all products/product lines within the assigned portfolio.
- Owns and communicates the product vision, strategy, and roadmap, and drives new initiatives to maximize revenue and market penetration.
- Works with a wide range of stakeholders, both internal and external, to define the product portfolio vision, strategy and roadmap for the portfolio, demonstrating alignment with business objectives and customer/market needs.
- Represents and communicates product strategy and vision in line with the businesses long-term goals. Set metrics for success and track progress towards these goals.
- Works with other VP, Product Management and Head of Product to ensure a cohesive company-wide product strategy exists
- Ensures strong and consistent processes for gathering market requirements, product and release definition and functional requirements.
- Oversees the innovation and improvement of the product by helping teams to identify gaps in the market and analyze market data to find areas for new product creation or enhancements, leveraging the knowledge of experts both inside and outside the company.
- Works closely with Technology and Product Leadership, and other department leads to align and execute strategies and to ensure the appropriate organizational support is planned.
- Works with Marketing as a whole, to assess product mix; evaluate market share; conduct competitive analysis; and identify new products. Oversee competitive research and technology assessments.
- Works with the Head of Finance, and the Finance team, and the Head of Product for the implementation of sound pricing strategies across all products within the portfolio.
- Oversees and implements the go to market strategy, ensuring an understanding of the product positioning, key benefits and target customers, working closely with Marketing and Sales.
- Acts as the main point of contact across the company for every department that touches and supports the products within the portfolio (sales, marketing, development, design, client engagement, finance, etc.).
- Acts as key evangelist, serving as public face of product with the press, market analysts, strategic partners, and other industry leaders.
- BS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience required
- 12+ years’ product management or equivalent experience, preferably in a SaaS environment and/or in the financial services/fintech industry
- 7+ years’ experience managing people
- Track record of success leading product teams and achieving aggressive company and business objectives
- Excellent communication, presentation, and leadership skills
- Excellent teamwork skills and the ability to influence, inspire, and motivate cross-functional teams
- The ability to make decisions quickly and efficiently, and the drive to lead teams to execute on defined vision consistently, rapidly and effectively
- Strong understanding of product planning and product development processes
- Technically savvy, able to work with development and engineering teams
- Extensive knowledge of the financial services industry
- Demonstrated success defining, launching and evolving products, preferably in the financial advisory space
- Working knowledge of Financial Planning concepts or experience in the Financial Services industry preferred
- Experience working in a software development arena building Financial Software applications preferred
Back to top