Technical Data Analyst
The Technical Data Analyst’s primary focus is to manage and support the daily transfer processes with an emphasis on proactive analysis to prevent the need for end-users to contact the service team. Responsible for additional analysis escalated from the tier two support team and interaction with the development team. Work is independent and based upon high priority projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Utilize both industry and proprietary tools to analyze data file structure, including Excel, Grep, and FileZilla.
- Identify causal relationships and patterns of data discrepancies in various formats, such as flat file delimited formats, OFX/QFX, HTML, JSON, and XML.
- Monitor daily transmission of flat files and progress of screen-scraping, OFX, and API processing with proactive error reporting and analysis, as needed.
- Coordinate resolution efforts between internal service and development teams and escalate to supervisor as appropriate.
- Process incoming requests for new data transfer vendors and manage a database of vendors and data sources.
- Develop a knowledgebase of known issues related to data transfer strategies and database management.
- Responsible for staying current in knowledge of all data transfer technologies utilized, including FTP/SFTP, screen-scraping, OFX/QFX, and web API.
- Provide daily reports to management and internal teams with prioritization of major issues and statistical analysis of data transmission performance.
- Communicate with data transfer vendors regarding transmission design and troubleshooting.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BA required.
- Minimum of 2 years of data analysis or top-tier level customer service experience.
- Exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Software: Excel, Grep, FileZilla.
- Data formats: OFX/QFX, HTML, JSON, XML, delimited flat file.
- File transfer methods: FTP/SFTP, Screen-scraping, OFX, web API.
- Team player with the ability to work independently as needed.
- Knowledge of project-based initiatives.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of software required. Knowledge of web-based technologies preferred.
- Ability to handle the pressures of a daily process that includes billions of assets being transferred in a live environment.
Meet Some of eMoney's Employees
Nathaniel started at eMoney on the Client Engagement Team and has since progressed into a role as a Software Engineer.
Back to top