Sr. Product Manager - New Products
As a Product Manager, you will play a critical role in conceiving, planning and defining the product strategy and roadmap for new eMoney product offerings. This is a strategic role focused upon identifying new revenue opportunities, and as such, it is a business-oriented role focused on delivering innovative solutions to meet continuously evolving market needs.
In this role you will not only be tasked with identifying new products that increase eMoney’s top-line revenue and bottom-line profitability but you will also create the business case that drives investment in your ideas. Once a new opportunity has been identified, and accepted for funding by the senior leadership team, you will manage the product through the entire product lifecycle, including defining the product vision, articulating the product strategy, gathering market and business requirements and actualizing the product roadmap. Your efforts must be aligned with the company’s overarching business strategy and goals.
You will need to spend time in the market, with customers and prospects, to gain a deep understanding of their needs in order to identify quantifiable opportunities. Extensive market research, and ongoing customer contact will help you develop lucrative new ideas. Candidates for this position must possess the drive and passion to make your vision a reality.
As a product manager focused on new market opportunities you will work with teams across the organization to bring new products to life. This includes, but is not limited to, finance, engineering, design, marketing, sales and customer service. You will be instrumental in defining the go-to-market strategy, helping teams to understand the market segmentation, product positioning (including pricing) and key benefits. You will serve as the internal and external advocate for the new product offering ensuring that customer satisfaction and revenue goals are met.
- Conduct market research and analyze the resulting data to identify new lines of revenue
- Engage with customers to understand and validate their evolving business needs and gather inputs
- Augment your customer research by engaging with partners and eMoney’s client-facing functions
- Lead the development of detailed business plans, product strategy, tactical roadmaps and high-level requirements that align with, and support attainment of, company objectives
- Lead new product development efforts derived from identified market trends, industry regulations, competitive intelligence, and customers as well as internal thought leaders, sales, marketing, and customer support
- Act as the primary evangelist for your product or product idea
- Work closely with marketing to help them define, develop, and disseminate product messages, value propositions, and positioning to optimize revenue and maximize market share
- Oversee product launch plans in collaboration with product marketing
- Provide sales and marketing support, including pricing, sales demos, trainings, core positioning and messaging (as appropriate)
- Maximize the profitability and adoption of new products
- Monitor and report on the success of competitive positioning and financial results and look for areas of improvement and differentiation
- Contribute your expertise to helping other product managers identify new opportunities for their products
- 5+ years of successful product management experience, preferably in a SaaS environment and/or in the financial services/fintech industry
- Demonstrated success identifying and defining new products (preferably in the financial advisory space)
- Extensive knowledge of the financial services industry and software applications
- Proven product management expertise working in a software development company
- Working knowledge of financial planning concepts
- A deep understanding of the competitive landscape
- Excellent conceptual, communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Strong strategic and financial acumen
- Excellent teamwork skills and the ability to influence and lead cross-functional teams
- The ability to make decisions quickly and efficiently, and the drive to lead teams to execute on defined vision
- Technically savvy, able to work with development and design team members
eMoney Advisor is the creator of the leading wealth-planning technology for financial professionals and firms, offering the cutting-edge solutions needed to succeed as the regulatory environment shifts, investor expectations change, and the industry landscape becomes increasingly competitive.
Not only do our solutions help financial professionals streamline their workflow and add efficiency to their business, they also — more importantly – create an unmatched, interactive client experience that builds trust and strengthens the advisor-client relationship.
Though we’re driven to lead through innovation, the defining principle of eMoney’s existence will always remain the same: an unwavering dedication to helping advisors and their clients succeed.
Meet Some of eMoney's Employees
Together with his team of developers, Dan builds new and improved financial planning tools so that eMoney Advisor’s clients can better manage their books of business.
Back to top