Site Reliability Engineer
We are looking for someone with a passion for technology and wants to work on a high performing operations team supporting a SaaS application. The prospective team member will support our current efforts to evolve our product to a modern microservice architecture. As we adapt to a growing business, we will need to innovate and scale current processes.
The team member is responsible for high speed IT by leveraging automation, scripting, and multiple modern tool sets that have a high ROI and bring value to the overall business. Members support the planning, architecture, installation, and improvement of all systems and services across multiple environments and data centers. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience working with VMWare, Windows Operating Systems, Linux/Unix, cloud computing, open source technologies, microservices, and development practices and programming languages. They should also be familiar with operating in an on-call rotation.
- Research valuable emerging technology and recommend technology to implement that will bring value to the team and overall company
- Responsible for automation and streamlining of all our system operations and processes and retire old technology and replace with repeatable and easily duplicated process and procedures to build out and refresh environments
- Work in conjunction with lead and manager to expand usage of infrastructure as code that allows eMoney to efficiently scale and deliver compute, network, and application services.
- Responsible for writing, testing, documenting, and deploying production applications and DevOps tools, along with having a strong understanding of underlying IT infrastructure.
- Embed with Product Development Teams and collaborate with business units throughout the software life-cycle to design and build highly available and scalable applications and services within public and private cloud environment
- Responsible for observing, monitoring, and administering highly available applications and underlying services on all current eMoney infrastructure platforms
- 4-year bachelor’s degree in Computer Science OR 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience with container technologies such as Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience with SQL databases
- Experience with one or more NoSQL databases a plus
- Experience migrating applications to cloud services such as Azure or AWS a plus
- Development experience in one or more languages such as C#, Java, Go, Python, or similar.
- Understanding of networking fundamentals including TCP/IP
- Knowledge of one or more orchestration frameworks such as Chef, Terraform, Helm
- Working knowledge CI/CD platforms such as Jenkins, Bamboo, or Spinnaker
- Strong working knowledge of PowerShell, Python, Bash, and other scripting languages
- Supporting and implementing systems and performance monitoring, APM’s, automation tools, software delivery tools, and Development support tools
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in a SaaS Production environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of logging frameworks such as Fluentd, Logstash, Filebeat, Elasticsearch, and Kibana/Grafana a plus
- Knowledge of load balancing solutions such as F5, Traefik, or Nginx a plus
- Knowledge of microservices concepts and the 12-factor application a plus
Meet Some of eMoney's Employees
Together with his team of developers, Dan builds new and improved financial planning tools so that eMoney Advisor’s clients can better manage their books of business.
Back to top