Senior UI/UX Designer
We are looking for a talented Senior UI/UX Designer who is interested in and capable of moving between design tools (Photoshop/Illustrator/Sketch) and front-end code (HTML/CSS). This role will be responsible for leading design on product features for a web application that is used by real people and real businesses. This position works closely with customers, development, product, and other internal stakeholders to ensure delivery of the best possible user experience.
The Senior UI/UX Designer will be well steeped in the eMoney culture and values and will have strong, pragmatic, and educated opinions on what we do and how we do it. You also have the pragmatism and experience to yield the floor and allow better ideas to prevail. You continue to grow your skills as a professional designer. Great products come from the fusion of rock solid engineering, clear product vision, and an obsession with creating the best user experience. A strong working knowledge of our design and development methodologies as well as understanding our business, while maintaining a continued pursuit to build empathy for our customers will be a key asset for this role. While you are entrenched in the design vertical that you are responsible for, your view extends beyond that vertical to analyze and present the impacts on your designs throughout the system.
It is imperative to be a team member, ask questions to seek clarity but also listen, a lot. The Designer will take the floor when there is information, experience, or a perspective to share. The role will work with the team’s Product Owner to understand the roadmap, deliver on product vision, and help communicate designs and decisions to people outside the team.
- Embody the Scrum values or commitment, courage, focus, openness, and respect in all interactions, both within and outside of the team.
- Communicate impediments as they arise and offer up creative solutions to get past them.
- Leading a project team through of all aspects of the design process, from research through pixel perfect mockups and execution.
- Deliver pixel perfect mockups / prototypes that are consistent with eMoney’s applications and brand guide in a fast-paced environment.
- Help the team push our UI and UX standards forward while keeping up on current trends and customer feedback.
- Collaborate with other designers, developers, and stakeholders to ensure delivery of best possible User Experience.
- Educate customers and stakeholders on design decisions and best practices to help the team level up and scale.
- Research modern usability patterns and identifying places in the application where they can be used to increase usability and lower usability-related help calls.
- Be a thought leader in design discussions
- Mentor entry-level UI/UX designers with their design skills, problem solving, and how to best interact with full project teams.
- Evangelize user experience and champion a customer-centric product philosophy.
- 8+ years of application design for the web
- 4-year degree in design, CS, or equivalent
- Proven record of accomplishment of successful delivery of projects that had a positive impact on the systems, product, team, and customers that used it.
- Enthusiastic about creating new products and enhancing older products.
- Understand why links should be blue, a button should act like a button, and less is more.
- Be able to work on several different projects and teams at the same time
- Flexibility to pivot and quickly deliver wireframes, prototypes, mockups, etc.
- Ability to lead design discussions and ideation sessions
- Ability to communicate and defend design decisions in a group critique
- Maintain a broad understanding of our systems, customers, and business goals as well as a deep understanding of how these fit into the context of your team.
- In-depth knowledge of how to create and execute usability studies
- In-depth knowledge of the process for creating and using personas
- Proficient in Photoshop/Illustrator/Sketch, Balsamiq, InVision
- Drawing, sketching, and whiteboarding skills
- Welcomes peer review and collaborating with others.
- Passion for designing beautiful interfaces that are a joy to use.
- Strong understanding of design and usability principles
- Strong understanding of color theory and typography
- Excellent attention to detail
- Willingness to stop what you’re doing to help a teammate
- Confidence to deliver a thoughtful design and explain the process behind it
- Ability to identify and document usability patterns that can be used across the application
Meet Some of eMoney's Employees
Together with his team of developers, Dan builds new and improved financial planning tools so that eMoney Advisor’s clients can better manage their books of business.
Back to top