Senior Technical Support Software Engineer
As a Senior Technical Support Engineer, you will troubleshoot, develop technical solutions and perform software code changes to correct software defects related to application errors and ensure issues are resolved in a timely fashion. This includes, organizing and tracking technical issues from submission to resolution.
The Senior Technical Support Engineer is capable of resolving problems related to all major areas of the eMoney platform. In addition, you will provide support and mentorship to Technical Support Engineers, Associate Technical Support Engineers and Technical Support Specialists.
The Senior Technical Support Engineer is the liaison between Tier 1 Client Support, Production Operations and Product Owners within the various Software Development teams. Acting as the single point of contact and hub between our internal technical teams and the outward facing Client Support teams to provide a fast and accurate response while ensuring the best possible customer experience, driving client adoption and retention through the service they provide.
- Uses established escalation and service management processes to provide timely responses to cases Tier 1 Support is unable to resolve.
- Serves as an internally recognized specialist who analyzes and interprets a variety of complex application defects.
- Take ownership of technical issues, and works with Production Operations and Development teams to resolve more advanced issues when necessary
- Resolve escalated in-depth customer issues without the need for application development team intervention
- Software coding to correct application defects.
- Act as a subject matter expert for the eMoney application and for new features and enhancements that are released
- Train and mentor Technical Support Engineers and Associate Technical Support Engineers
- Maintain and share knowledge of system best practices and efficiencies with users and team members
- Participate in the interview process and provide input on the selection of new hires to fill open positions on the Application Support team
- Train and mentor Technical Support Specialist to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues
- Triage, troubleshoot and reproduce application errors related to the proper functioning of the eMoney platform and portfolio of products
- Work closely with 3rd party partners to resolve application errors related to 3rd party integration functionality
- Work closely with Tier 2 Data Support to resolve issues relating to data connections and 3rd party integration functionality
- Work with Production Operations on critical issues affected production services
- Single point of contact between Tier 1 Client Support and internal technical teams including Production Operations, Tier 2 Technical Support, and Application Development teams.
- Work with appropriate Product Owners and Development teams to help resolve client issues
- Train and coach Tier 1 Client Support on commonly reported technical issues and application usage in order to provide a faster response by reducing the amount of issues escalated to Tier 2 support teams
- Create training documents and support material for Tier 1 Support, as needed
- Enter issues, that cannot be resolved by Tier 2 Support, into bug tracking system for Application Development
- Proactively respond to users for issue resolution and status updates of reported problems
- Other duties or projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience required
- 4+ years in a software development position including hands-on software programming
- Strong working knowledge of setting up and maintaining an application development environment such as using git version control, Visual Studio, and .Net/web runtime technologies, or similar development environment
- Experience in a technical support/client-facing position
- Firm grasp of web based applications
- Familiarity of financial planning applications is a plus
- Knowledge of C#/.NET
- Working knowledge of XML (Extensible Markup Language)
- Past experience with software application development
- Strong analytical and diagnostic skills
- Strong research capabilities in reviewing and resolving complex issues
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Salesforce
- Ability to keep an even temperament in difficult situations
- Ability to communicate complex issues in an understandable manner to all audiences
- Top notch organizational skills and ability to work within processes
- Ability to handle multiple tasks/assignments in an efficient manner
- Organized and highly motivated self-starter
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must demonstrate a strong sense of urgency and adhere to turnaround time expectations
- Team player
Back to top