Senior Technical Product Manager
As a Senior Technical Product Manager of our Account Aggregation Product capability, you will play a critical role in planning and executing the product strategy and roadmap. This is both a strategic and hands-on role focused upon optimizing the revenue stream from your product while looking for opportunities to continually improve all aspects of your product in order to meet evolving market needs.
A successful Senior Technical Product Manager will have a deep understanding of the aggregation technology, operations, and industry, and will work closely with Development, Architecture and other Technology stakeholders to drive the strategy for the product(s). Although closely aligned with the Technology organization, your role is to solve the business and user needs of your target customers, not to define the technical solution or implementation itself.
In this role you will not only be tasked with driving top-line revenue growth and bottom-line profitability, but you will also create the business case that drives further investment in your ideas. Once innovation or enhancement opportunities are identified, and accepted for funding by the senior leadership team, you will manage the product through the entire product lifecycle, including refining the product vision, articulating or adjusting the product strategy, gathering market and business requirements and actualizing the product roadmap. Your efforts must be aligned with the company’s overarching business strategy and goals.
You will need to actively engage with customers, prospects, and internal stakeholders to gain a deep understanding of their needs in order to identify quantifiable opportunities. Targeted market research and ongoing customer contact will help you develop lucrative ideas and bring them to market. You will need to understand technology trends, see how they impact your roadmap, and how they can help to drive innovation across the product line. Candidates for this position must possess the drive and passion to own all aspects of the product and translate that passion into meaningful financial results for eMoney, our client base and future prospects.
As a Senior Technical Product Manager, you will work with teams across the organization to further enhance and optimize your product. This includes, but is not limited to, architecture, engineering, finance, design, marketing, sales and customer service. You will be instrumental in defining and fine-tuning the go-to-market strategy for your technical products, helping teams to understand your product’s competitive positioning and the steps you are taking to ensure market leadership. You will serve as the internal and external advocate for your product offering ensuring that customer satisfaction and revenue goals are met.
- Partner with Technology to drive strategy, and clearly articulate the account aggregation product strategy to technical buyers, often bridging the gap between Technology and the Business
- Lead the development of detailed business plans, product strategy, tactical roadmaps and high-level requirements that align with, and support attainment of, company objectives
- Engage with customers to understand and validate their evolving business needs and gather the necessary inputs to enhance your product
- Lead your product’s product development efforts derived
- Identify new revenue opportunities and target markets for your product
- Oversee product launch plans in collaboration with product marketing
- Determine and manage product priorities, including new features, iterations, and bug fixes and own external developer portal documentation
- Work closely with marketing to help them define, develop, and disseminate product messages, value propositions, and positioning to optimize revenue and maximize market share
- Evaluate competitors and the market for capability-oriented and emerging development and technology trends
- Act as the primary evangelist for your product or product idea
- Provide sales and marketing support, including pricing, sales demos, trainings, core positioning and messaging (as appropriate) and support client installations/integrations
- Partner closely with Legal and Security to ensure PII protection and standards
- Maximize the profitability and adoption of your product; Identify, collect, and analyze metrics to measure product success
- Manage the product lifecycle of your products from concept to phase out
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience required
- 7-10 years of successful product management experience, preferably in a SaaS environment and/or in the financial services/fintech industry
- Experience with prevailing and emerging technologies, including cloud, APIs (SOAP and REST), SDKs, authentication services/SSO, data aggregation products, web and micro services and component architecture and with engineering approaches for scale and performance
- Demonstrated market success managing existing data aggregation products and optimizing their performance (preferably in the financial advisory space)
- Extensive knowledge of the financial services industry and software applications
- Proven product management expertise working in a software development company
- A deep understanding of the competitive landscape and emerging technology trends
- Have experience in using developer tools, such as Postman and Apigee
- Comfortable working with enterprise partners and their technical teams, managing client expectations, and understanding needs and opportunities to integrate
- Excellent communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Results orientation
- Strong strategic and financial acumen
- Excellent teamwork skills and the ability to influence and lead cross-functional teams
- The ability to make decisions quickly and efficiently, and the drive to lead teams to execute on defined vision
- Technically savvy, able to work with development and design team members
Meet Some of eMoney's Employees
Together with his team of developers, Dan builds new and improved financial planning tools so that eMoney Advisor’s clients can better manage their books of business.
Back to top