Senior QA Analyst
Defines, develops, maintains, and executes test scripts for IT projects and/or maintenance items in an Agile environment. Strives to ensure that user stories and/or system requirements are satisfied for internal and external application users. Ensures project/sprint testing is complete and testing risks are identified prior to implementation. Manages defects from identification to closure through the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Integrated Scrum team member that is responsible for upholding and ensuring quality assurance standards; Contributes and participates in all Scrum activities and ceremonies
- Defines, develops and maintains test scripts. Reviews test scripts and provides feedback to less experienced team players.
- Independently executes test plans and test scripts based on planned project schedules and in accordance with QA methodology. Supports less experience team members.
- Proactively escalates issues to the Scrum Master and alerts the project/Scrum team on potential impact to test schedule.
- Records and tracks defects uncovered during the execution of tests scripts. Drives defect towards resolution; proposes and designs retest cases, scripts and data. Contributes to the defect management: defect status, root cause, daily triage meeting.
- Provides timely and accurate status defect information and appropriate metrics to facilitate QA reporting. Reports individual status: dashboard information, open issues, risk analysis.
- Participates in Production Support Testing as needed.
- Provides consistent and uninterrupted testing service to the organization and minimizes risk of systems down time.
- Reviews requirements/user stories and specifications and provides input during requirements and specification walkthroughs.
- Develops and executes SQL queries.
- Contributes to the development of the test plans and project testing approach. Contributes to the development of project and release Test Plan documents. Understands and contributes to the process of test estimates and project schedules.
- Adheres to established standards and methodologies. Utilizes tools and methodologies to improve individual effectiveness and to increase efficiencies in the QA process.
- Develops and sustains appropriate relationship with peers and other project team members.
- Strong leadership capabilities, good judgment and the ability to work effectively with a diverse workforce.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and planning ability. Detailed oriented. Observational.
- Ability to multi-task to accomplish workload efficiently. Excellent time management.
- Good work ethic and general business acumen.
- Proficient on Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience with system development lifecycle. Extensive knowledge of test engineering methodologies.
- Working knowledge of testing concepts, verification and validation techniques, defect management, quantitative methods, risk management and measurement programs.
- Understanding of relational database principles, client/server infrastructure, and n-tier architecture concepts.
- Working knowledge of defect tracking, quality principles and testing tools.
- Knowledge of Sybase, Oracle, Web and Middle tier testing.
- Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum of 5 - 8 years’ experience in Quality Assurance.
- 1+ years’ experience in leading test projects. Training on project management or equivalent knowledge.
- Understanding and applying guidelines for ethical decision making:
- Acts in the best interest of the organization
- Demonstrates integrity in all situations
- Hold self and others to Company’s values
- Effectively articulates the Company promise to marketplace.
- Focusing on business results
- Understands the financial implications of business decisions
- Sets and purses aggressive goals to reach peak performances
- Puts top priority on generating sustained successful business performance
- Honoring commitments:
- Meets or exceeds performance expectations
- Inspires trust by delivering on promises
- Demonstrates Company's values through actions and communication
- Embracing change:
- Actively participates in the change process
- Demonstrates resiliency and commitment during times of change
- Revises priorities as appropriate to response to change
- Adapts project plans and/or work tasks to create alignment with overall goals
- Takes Initiative to improve own capabilities as business changes
- Delivers service in compliance with contracted agreement
- Meets or exceeds established performance standards
- Manages service delivery so that internal processes are invisible to team players
- Uses available tools and systems to deliver timely, accurate services
Meet Some of eMoney's Employees
Together with his team of developers, Dan builds new and improved financial planning tools so that eMoney Advisor’s clients can better manage their books of business.
Back to top