Senior Product Owner
The Product Owner will lead the analysis, documentation, and management of business requirements and will ensure that requirements are fully understood by the technical team to facilitate the design and implementation of competitive software solutions. The Product Owner will participate in defining and developing new features of the application, will work to enhance existing application features, and oversee the development of those features from inception to release. The individual works closely with Product Managers and with the application development teams to provide support for their work products and to act as an informed customer advocate within the development team.
The Product Owner is responsible for defining detailed actionable requirements at the feature story level from the high level requirements provided by the Product Managers. The Product Owner will lead the product roadmap initiatives through the software development cycle, including design, development, testing, documentation, release and training.
- Mentor and train Product Owners
- Understanding complex business needs (i.e. epics) and translating them into detailed, executable functional requirements
- Act as the project lead and key stakeholder
- Coordinate and monitor technical projects from initiation through delivery
- Evaluate a variety of business needs and analyze their impact on the application, helping teams to execute on ideas quickly
- Prioritize a backlog of work specific to the project so the development team can plan, estimate, and allocate resources appropriately
- Collaborate with business owners, financial advisors and software engineers in the product design and software development process
- Gather and prioritize product and customer requirements and work closely with development to oversee and approve product designs, enhancements, and quality
- Work closely with end users to analyze, define, model, and document systems requirements
- Work with product managers to define the product features. Understand the market, customers and business.
- Be available to the development team to address ongoing questions, concerns, feedback. Being actively engaged with the team to help build the best product possible.
- Develop, maintain and manage relationships with stakeholders, keeping them informed of key issues and engaged throughout project lifecycles
- Writing detailed functional requirement documents, workflows, use cases and training materials
- Writing test cases and work with Quality Assurance in the areas of auditing and testing
- Serve as liaisons between technical and non-technical departments in order to ensure that all targets and requirements are met
- Serve as Technical Support liaison to Customer Service in regards to issue tracking and problem resolution
- Act as subject matter expert for specific components of the application, and support the release of the specific product features
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- 5+ years of successful product owner experience, preferably in a SaaS environment and/or in the financial services/fintech industry
- Experience working in a software development arena building Financial Software applications
- Experience working in a combination of business analysis, product management, project management and/or software application development
- Working knowledge of Financial Planning concepts or experience in the Financial Services industry
- Ability to resolve conflicting end-user requirements
Meet Some of eMoney's Employees
Nathaniel started at eMoney on the Client Engagement Team and has since progressed into a role as a Software Engineer.
Back to top