As a Scrum Master, you are a guardian of the Agile framework at eMoney. You have experience as a servant leader guiding teams to be Agile. You are a great communicator and possess excellent logic and problem-solving skills. You will be responsible for both facilitating and maturing your teams. You are skilled at removing impediments while promoting self-organization. You influence your teams towards self-improvement and generate great team results.
You nurture effective collaboration, provide leadership, and coaching to software development teams. You will act as Scrum Master to multiple Scrum teams and strive for consistent, predictable, high-quality delivery while taking time to have some fun.
- Communicate technical issues at a high-level between technical and non-technical departments
- Act as liaison with management, product managers and support specialists on product issues; improve inter-team communications
- Support the development process, facilitate Scrum ceremonies, and help the team abide by meeting time boxes and other agreements
- Track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress using Jira and Confluence for metrics, requirements, documentation
- Participate in the planning and coordination of our Scrum of Scrums
- Ensure the teams are practicing the core Agile principles and best practices maturing in self-organization, collaboration, business prioritization, team accountability, and transparency, toward the consistent delivery of working product
- Expose teams to innovative thinking and bring ideas from the Agile community to increase agility, leveraging other Agile thinking
- Assist the Product Owner as needed with backlog grooming by offering team insights based team feedback to User Story writing with good Acceptance Criteria. Focus on ensuring the backlog is prioritized
- Assist the team with making appropriate commitments through relative backlog sizing, sprint story selection, task definition
- Facilitate the removal of impediments.
- Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution; improve team dynamics
- 2-5 years of Scrum Master/Agile experience for a software development team
- Bachelor's degree or combination of relevant education and experience
- A Scrum Master Certification (CSM or PSM I)
- Agile leadership with an ability to act as a servant leader and displays the behaviors that come with the key mindset shifts associated with Agile methods
- Strong practical understanding of Agile software development values, principles, roles, cadence, flow and practices
- Ability to effectively act as Scrum Master for multiple teams and guide them to maturity
- Ability to coach the team (and individuals) to work together to reach their highest potential; empowered to have crucial conversations when necessary
- Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Exceptional communication, organization, and time management skills
- Self-motivated and capable of managing multiple priorities and tasks
- Creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems
- Team player that can facilitate with a collaborative approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Confluence and Jira (or similar Agile tracking tools)
Scrum Teams (Engineers, QA, Designer, PO)
Agile coaching and support
Other Scrum Masters
Meet Some of eMoney's Employees
Together with his team of developers, Dan builds new and improved financial planning tools so that eMoney Advisor’s clients can better manage their books of business.
Back to top