QA Automation Engineer
Defines, develops, maintains, and executes the automation of test scripts utilizing Selenium framework for IT projects and/or maintenance items within an Agile environment. Strives to ensure that User Stories and/or system requirements are satisfied for internal and external application users. Ensures project and release testing is complete and testing risks are identified prior to implementation. Manages defects from identification to closure through the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Defines, develops and maintains automated test scripts in Selenium framework. Reviews automated test scripts and provides feedback to other team members including off-shore members.
- Independently executes automated test plans and test scripts based on planned project schedules and in accordance with QA methodology.
- Proactively escalates issues to the QA Manager and alerts the project team on potential impact to test or release schedule.
- Records and tracks defects uncovered during the execution of tests scripts. Drives defect towards resolution; proposes and designs retest cases, scripts and data. Contributes to the defect management: defect status, root cause, daily triage meeting.
- Provides timely and accurate status defect information and appropriate metrics to facilitate QA reporting. Reports individual status: dashboard information, open issues, risk analysis.
- Participates on Testing Production Support though rotating on-call responsibilities. Provides consistent and uninterrupted testing service to the organization and minimizes risk of systems down time.
- Reviews requirement specifications, or user stories and provides input during requirements and specification walkthroughs.
- Develops and executes SQL queries.
- Contributes to the development of the automated test plans and project testing approach. Contributes to the development of project and release Test Plan documents. Understands and contributes to the process of test estimates, project and release schedules.
- Participates in automation test planning, test case design and test script walkthroughs with project/scrum teams. Understands automated testing to be accomplished and suggests changes for efficiencies within or between projects. Actively participates and contributes to the QA Automation Test Design.
- Adheres to established automation standards and methodologies. Utilizes automation tools and methodologies to improve individual effectiveness and to increase efficiencies in the QA process.
- Develops and sustains appropriate relationship with peers and other project team members.
- Assists with the evaluation of Software Test and Automation tools and contributes to the Test Tool Evaluation report.
Requirements (Education & Experience)
- Excellent team member, good judgment and the ability to work effectively with a diverse workforce.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and planning ability. Detailed oriented. Observational.
- Ability to multi-task to accomplish workload efficiently. Excellent time management.
- Good work ethic and general business acumen.
- Knowledge of system development lifecycle. Knowledge of automation test engineering methodologies.
- Working knowledge of automation testing concepts, verification and validation techniques, defect management, quantitative methods, risk management and measurement programs.
- Understanding of relational database principles, client/server infrastructure, and n-tier architecture concepts.
- Working knowledge of defect tracking, quality principles and testing tools.
- Knowledge of Sybase, Oracle, Web and Middle tier testing.
- 1+ years of experience with Selenium/QTP.
- 1+ years of application development experience, preferable with Net, ASP, Java, C#, C++, PL/SQL or Visual Basic.
- 1+ years of source code control experience.
- Ability to work on most phases of fairly complex application assignments understanding project lifecycles.
- Minimum of 2-4 years experience in developing and implementing business applications or in Quality Assurance.
- Competency in a variety of software tools and languages.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent relevant work experience and training/education.
Skills (Software, Soft Skills, KSAs)
- Understanding and applying guidelines for ethical decision making:
- Acts in the best interest of the organization
- Demonstrates integrity in all situations
- Hold self and others to Company’s values
- Effectively articulates the Company promise to marketplace.
- Focusing on business results
- Understands the financial implications of business decisions
- Sets and purses aggressive goals to reach peak performances
- Puts top priority on generating sustained successful business performance
- Honoring commitments:
- Meets or exceeds performance expectations
- Inspires trust by delivering on promises
- Demonstrates Company's values through actions and communication
- Embracing change:
- Actively participates in the change process
- Demonstrates resiliency and commitment during times of change
- Revises priorities as appropriate to response to change
- Adapts project plans and/or work tasks to create alignment with overall goals
- Takes Initiative to improve own capabilities as business changes
- Meets or exceeds established performance standards
Working Relationships (List of major working relationships with which the role will have regular contact)
Meet Some of eMoney's Employees
Together with his team of developers, Dan builds new and improved financial planning tools so that eMoney Advisor’s clients can better manage their books of business.
Back to top