Defines, develops, maintains, and executes test scripts for IT projects, backlogs and/or maintenance items in an Agile environment. Strives to ensure that user stories and/or system requirements are satisfied for internal and external application users. Ensures project/sprint testing is complete and testing risks are identified prior to implementation. Manages defects from identification to closure through the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Integrated Scrum team member that is responsible for upholding and ensuring quality assurance standards; Contributes and participates in all Scrum activities and ceremonies
- Defines, develops, and maintains test scripts on user stories and requirements.
- Independently executes test plans and test scripts based on planned project/sprint schedules and in accordance with QA methodology.
- Proactively escalates issues to the Scrum Master and alerts the project/scrum team on potential impact to sprint schedule.
- Records and tracks defects uncovered during the execution of tests scripts. Drives defect towards resolution; proposes and designs retest cases, scripts and data.
- Provides timely and accurate status defect information and appropriate metrics to facilitate QA reporting.
- May participate on testing production implementation and support as needed.
- Provides consistent and uninterrupted testing service to the organization and minimizes risk of systems down time.Reviews requirements and specifications and provides input during user stories, requirements and specification walkthroughs.
- Develops and executes basic SQL queries.
- Contributes to the development of the test plans and project testing approach. Contributes to the development of project and release Test Plan documents. Understands and contributes to the process of test estimates and project schedules.
- Understands cross team testing to be dependencies and suggests changes for efficiencies within or between scrum teams and projects.
- May assist in the preparation of test estimates and project schedules.
- Adheres to established standards and methodologies. Utilizes tools and methodologies to improve individual effectiveness and to increase efficiencies in the QA process.
- Develops and sustains appropriate relationship with peers and other project/scrum team members.
- Strong leadership capabilities, good judgment and the ability to work effectively with a diverse workforce within an Agile environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and planning ability. Detailed oriented. Observational.
- Ability to multi-task to accomplish workload efficiently. Excellent time management.
- Good work ethic and general business acumen.
- Proficient on Microsoft Office suite and Agile tools such as JIRA and/or Rally.
- Experience with system development lifecycle and test engineering methodologies.
- Working knowledge of testing concepts, verification and validation techniques, defect management, quantitative methods, risk management and measurement programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in Quality Assurance.
- Skills (Software, Soft Skills, KSAs)
- Understanding and applying guidelines for ethical decision making:
- Acts in the best interest of the organization
- Demonstrates integrity in all situations
- Hold self and others to Company’s values
- Effectively articulates the Company promise to marketplace.
- Focusing on business results
- Understands the financial implications of business decisions
- Sets and purses aggressive goals to reach peak performances
- Puts top priority on generating sustained successful business performance
- Meets or exceeds performance expectations
- Inspires trust by delivering on promises
- Demonstrates Company's values through actions and communication
- Actively participates in the change process
- Demonstrates resiliency and commitment during times of change
- Revises priorities as appropriate to response to change
- Adapts project plans and/or work tasks to create alignment with overall goals
- Takes Initiative to improve own capabilities as business changes
- Meets or exceeds established performance standards
- Manages service delivery so that internal processes are invisible to team players
- Uses available tools and systems to deliver timely, accurate services
Meet Some of eMoney's Employees
Nathaniel started at eMoney on the Client Engagement Team and has since progressed into a role as a Software Engineer.
Back to top