The ideal candidate will lead the analysis, documentation, and management of business requirements and will ensure that requirements are fully understood by the technical team to facilitate the design and implementation of competitive software solutions. As a member of the team, the candidate will participate in defining and developing new features of the application, will work to enhance existing application features, and oversee the development of those features from inception to release. The individual will work closely with product management and with the application development teams to provide support for their work products and to act as an informed customer advocate within the development team.
The Product Owner is responsible for defining product requirements, engaging with internal teams and external clients to understand market needs, and ultimately delivering quality software to help the company generate revenue. The Product Owner will lead the product roadmap initiatives through the software development cycle, including design, development, testing, documentation, release and training.
The candidate should have a minimum of three 3+ years’ experience in a combination of business analysis, product management, project management and/or software application development. Previous experience in the financial services industry or in fintech are strongly preferred. The candidate should be committed to innovation, passionate about technology and willing to explore new technologies to find optimal solutions.
- Understand complex business needs and translate them into detailed, executable functional requirements
- Act as the project lead and key stakeholder
- Evaluate a variety of business needs and analyze their impact on the application, helping teams to execute on ideas quickly
- Prioritize a backlog of work specific to the project so the development team can plan, estimate, and allocate resources appropriately
- Collaborate with business owners, financial advisors and software engineers in the product design and software development process
- Work with product managers to define the product features. Understand the market, customers and business
- Be available to the development team to address ongoing questions, concerns, feedback. Being actively engaged with the team to help build the best product possible
- Develop, maintain and manage relationships with stakeholders, keeping them informed and engaged throughout project lifecycles
- Write detailed functional requirement documents, workflows, use cases and training materials
- Write test cases and work with Quality Assurance in the areas of auditing and testing
- Serve as Technical Support liaison to Customer Service in regards to issue tracking and problem resolution
- Act as subject matter expert for specific components of the application, and support the release of the specific product features
- Experience working in a software development arena building Financial Software applications
- Working knowledge of Financial Planning concepts or experience in the Financial Services industry
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong presentation and leadership skills
- Superior project management skills and the ability to lead a team of people towards a common goal/vision.
- Ability to resolve conflicting end-user requirements
- Strong analytical, problem solving and diagnostic skills
- Top notch organizational skills and ability to work within processes
- A demonstrated track record of successfully delivering complex projects with demanding deadlines
- Detailed oriented and self-directed
- Team player with the ability to adapt to changing priorities and goals
- Business and technical savvy
Meet Some of eMoney's Employees
Together with his team of developers, Dan builds new and improved financial planning tools so that eMoney Advisor’s clients can better manage their books of business.
Back to top