Manager, Salesforce Development
The Manager, Salesforce Development is a key part of a team delivering the most creative, sophisticated, and challenging applications on the Force.com platform. You will be a critical part of a SCRUM project team responsible for owning and executing delivery of custom Salesforce solutions that are uniquely tailored to support eMoney’s back office platform. This role will interact closely with a product management team, other Salesforce professionals (analysts, developers, QA/Testers) and will technically manage both projects & developer resources. The development manager is ultimately responsible any/all custom code that is written for or deployed into eMoney’s Salesforce platform.
- Ownership of all technical aspects of a force.com implementation, including custom development, custom systems integrations and AppExchange products
- Responsible for directing and managing developer resources (internally and contractors) to accomplish project goals
- Technical leadership: setting best practices including integration and application development, testing (unit and systems), leading code reviews & technical design sessions, writing and reviewing technical design specifications.
- Work closely with a DevOps Engineer to ensure that all software is managed and released in a manner which minimizes risk and ensures the integrity of all of our Salesforce environments.
- Managing technical scope and complexity
- Responsible for developing in Visualforce, Apex, Rest/Soap and other technologies to build customized solutions that support business requirements and drive key business decisions
- Design and develop integrations between applications and other systems as may be required
- Responsible for providing hands on expert level assistance & mentoring to developers
- Work independently & on multiple projects against deadlines in a dynamic environment where consistently producing deliverables within agreed upon timelines is expected
- Work with 3rd party contractors to deliver projects on time and within budget scope
- Create and manage complex workflow rules, data validation, and system triggers
- Write technical approach and design documentation supporting business needs
- Create and maintain system interface diagrams, functional designs, and technical specifications
- BS in Computer Science or related field required
- 10 years of progressive experience as a Programmer/Web Developer
- com DEV401 (or newer equivalent) Certification required
- com ADM201 and DEV501 (or newer equivalent) Certifications preferred
- 3-5 years experience administering/developing on the Force.com platform (Enterprise edition or higher), preferably in a large multi-dimensional organization required
- Prior experience in managing a team of developers
- Deep understanding and practical experience developing for the Salesforce platform
- Deep understanding of tools and best practices for Continuous Integration, Build, Test & Deployment [Ant/Git/SourceTree/TeamCity/Jenkins]
- Deep understanding of the Salesforce Meta Data API and Salesforce release management techniques
- Experience with Salesforce.com Sites, Web Services and Metadata API required
- Experience with Visualforce, Apex and Trigger development for Salesforce.com applications
- Proven knowledge of the software and systems development life cycle; experience with enterprise-level integrations involving business-critical systems
- Excellent analysis skills and the ability to engage effectively at both the business and technical level to develop processes and methodologies
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Excellent writing skills with ability to express strategy, technical knowledge and processes in an easily understood presentation
Meet Some of eMoney's Employees
Together with his team of developers, Dan builds new and improved financial planning tools so that eMoney Advisor’s clients can better manage their books of business.
Back to top