Enterprise PMO Manager / Senior Project Manager
The Enterprise Project Management Office Manager / Project Manager manages and coordinates project and program management services across the enterprise. The role interacts with functional/business unit leadership to craft an EPMO strategy that aligns with business objectives and priorities. The role is also responsible for developing a robust and flexible project and program methodology for use throughout the organization, as well as effective project and program reporting and delivery.
EPMO Management Responsibilities:
- Responsible for defining the corporate standards for Governance.
- Responsible for the overall design, implementation, and support of the EPMO governance policies, procedures, templates and practices.
- Work directly with Corporate leadership to understand strategic and tactical goals and translate into effective support and project governance services.
- Extensive interactions with product development, sales, client relationship teams, technology solutions, service delivery and/or other cross-functional teams.
- Facilitate project reviews, and Monthly Sponsor meetings to ensure project requests are prioritized and planned.
- Responsible for management and leadership of the EPMO team to include recruiting, hiring, mentoring, termination and evaluations.
Project Management Responsibilities:
- Directly leads the program management of a specific initiative or a set of initiatives from initiation through delivery, as determined by the priority and/or overall strategic impact of the initiative.
- Works closely with Operational resources to ensure metric and milestone achievement.
- Develops, defines and executes project plans, project scope, activities, schedules, budgets and deliverables.
- Coordinates key activities and tasks among departments and client or vendor/subcontractor organizations as needed to meet project goals.
- Serves as an escalation point for departmental project managers, assisting with problem resolution or risk mitigation as needed.
- May manage the integration of vendor/subcontractor tasks, and track and review vendor/subcontractor deliverables, if appropriate for the project.
- Supports departmental teams in conducting project closure activities to formalize and communicate the project acceptance, and complete a post-implementation review to identify areas of improvement.
- May directly oversee employees assigned to manage specific projects that have a distinct beginning and end. Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Identifies project management coordination process gaps or areas for improvement, recommends and implements solutions.
- Some travel may be required.
- Performs additional related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience managing software projects
- Extensive with Agile software development experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience managing a corporate PMO’s governance policies and procedures
- Must hold or be in active pursuit of PMI preferred certification.
- Ability to develop and maintain a positive working relationship with project sponsors, team resources and stakeholders
- Detail-oriented, self-directed, strong independent problem solving skills, and ability to multi-task
- Ability and enthusiasm to coach and mentor others
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Demonstrated skill in managing project budgets and timelines
- Skilled in the use of negotiation techniques to reach agreement when there are widely-differing viewpoints
- Excellent analysis, problem-solving, team, conflict management and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively with executive level clients
- Ability to set clear expectations, manage team performance and build high morale among team members
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and carry out assignments that are sensitive in nature
- PMP, PgMP, PfMP, or PMI – ACP Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business Administration or other related discipline; or equivalent combination of education and experience that is required for the specific job level.
- Extensive knowledge of project management standards, processes, procedures and guidelines
- Knowledge of the industry project management best practices (i.e., Project Management Body of Knowledge - PMBOK)
- Expert knowledge of project management and advanced technical knowledge. Works on complex assignments that involve a high degree of risk, impacts to business unit performance and makes use of the individuals' high level of knowledge within the technical project management specialty.
- Advanced skills in the use of project management software to manage projects (e.g., MS Project and auxiliary tools, such as earned value database, audit tools, project repository, including risk, issues and action items database, Metrics and Control)
Meet Some of eMoney's Employees
Together with his team of developers, Dan builds new and improved financial planning tools so that eMoney Advisor’s clients can better manage their books of business.
Back to top