Brand Editorial Manager
The Brand Editorial Manager is responsible for managing and overseeing the content production “engine” within the Marketing department. Operating in a cross-functional role on the team, you will collaborate with team members to manage the creation, editing, review, and approval processes for all multi-channel marketing content in order to deliver an effective content marketing strategy that achieves business objectives.
The Brand Editorial Manager must be a stellar editor with a sharp eye for the messages that will resonate with our audience. You will be responsible for ensuring all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality, and tone of voice, and is accurate in terms of grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
You are passionate about content, a killer marketer, a stickler for consistency and a seasoned pro with experience managing all stages of the content development process.
- Strategize, develop and curate content on an ongoing basis, taking lead on editorial development and partnering with Design and Video teams to produce high quality and compelling collateral based on department and business goals
- Develop standards, systems and best practices for content creation, distribution, and repurposing—and work across functional areas to ensure adherence to standards and consistency of messaging for each buyer persona
- Manage the workflow for pitching, creating, editing, publishing, and retiring content and work to ensure all team members are operating within this construct
- Work closely with marketing leadership and teammates to understand content needs, goals, and objectives
- Oversee and supervise relationships with freelance writers to manage content pitches and submissions, ensure adherence to deadlines, and coach writers as needed to ensure content that is submitted is on-brand and meets business objectives
- Ensure all content is optimized for search, categorized and tagged appropriately, and targeted for relevant channels
- Understand current brand campaigns and objectives and identify content needs and channels to support them
- Work closely with stakeholders in sales and product teams to identify content needs and create collateral in support of those needs
- Coordinate, schedule and manage distribution of content across all marketing channels, working closely with channel owners to ensure content is being leveraged to its fullest potential and opportunities are not missed
- Know and understand the sales cycle and client experience map, and push to find new ways to positively affect both through content
- Convince others that your creative ideas are worth investing time and effort in. This role is at the core of the marketing team, and others will rely on your work every single day
- Collaborate with key internal Subject Matter Experts, external influencers and industry experts to identify and produce stories for eMoney’s content marketing efforts across print and digital channels
- Think strategically and creatively, presenting information in new and interesting ways.
- Manage internal content management tools and implement and maintain best practices for naming conventions, version control and a regular review and audit process
- Maintain an editorial calendar and manage content assignments across the team as well as with freelancers to ensure deadlines are met
- Provide regular reports on content marketing successes and areas of opportunities.
- Commit to understanding our industry and eMoney’s position within it, including eMoney’s products and services
- Commit to understanding key differences in the audiences we serve (firms and independent financial professionals), the challenges they face, and the value eMoney’s technology solutions brings to their businesses, and tailor your editorial approach accordingly
- Stay up on industry news and trends, identifying communication opportunities accordingly
- BA/BS degree
- 3-5 years’ experience editing and producing multimedia (print, web, video) content as part of a creative or marketing team, as well as channel-specific knowledge (blog, SlideShare, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Experience working in financial services or technology sectors a plus
- A dual-minded approach: You’re highly creative and an excellent writer and editor but can also be process-driven, project manage effectively, think scale, and rely on data to make decisions
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Stellar copyediting skills and a “nose” for the story
- Organized and nimble, able to juggle multiple tasks and keep all content projects moving forward and deadlines met
- Capable of thinking big, connecting the dots across concepts and platforms, and creating compelling content that drives results
- Can work at a fast pace, meet tight deadlines and move multiple projects forward at the same time
- Team oriented, collaborator; open minded to ideas, feedback and suggestions that add value
- Thrives in a culture of high quality and continuous improvement that values learning, responsibility and commitment
- Able to work across numerous projects, spot new media angles and generate brilliant ideas
Meet Some of eMoney's Employees
Together with his team of developers, Dan builds new and improved financial planning tools so that eMoney Advisor’s clients can better manage their books of business.
Back to top