Associate Software Engineer-Data Services Parser Team
The Associate Software Engineer is responsible for the collection, movement, and aggregation of data via techniques such as web scraping. Requires strong critical thinking and problem solving skills, and the ability to define strategies that lead to the efficient acquisition of data that is complete and of the highest quality. Ideal for a team player with a passion for learning and continuous improvement. Entry level software engineering position that provides a nurturing culture where you can further build on your software development skills.
- Address support tickets associated with existing Web Scraping Parsers
- Analyze Financial Institution web-sites
- Strategize and define best method for efficient and quality data collection
- Implement and maintain C# code for web scrapers
- Write basic SQL as needed to verify proper data ingestion
- Test and verify developed solutions
- Deploy solutions to testing and production environments
- Develop a general understanding of the eMoney aggregation API and infrastructure
- Grow your skills with regards to software craftsmanship, software design, design patterns, best practices, etc., assisted by mentoring provided by engineers on the team
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
- 1+ years of relevant work experience
- Quality focused
- You strive for continuous improvement in how you think and code.
- You strive to gain a deep knowledge of the underlying systems on which you work. You want to be the Subject Matter Expert!
- You love data and writing code.
- You are energetic, smart, get things done, and are a good teammate.
- You welcome collaborating with others and distributing your knowledge amongst the team.
- You invest personal time to strengthen your skills and to grow new skills as needed to keep up with the fast paced technology field.
Technical Skills Required:
- C# or Java
- Object Oriented programming
- Data Structures
- SQL - queries
Software Design Skills Required:
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving Skills
- Debugging skills
- Learning Software Design aspects such as Design Patterns
Meet Some of eMoney's Employees
Together with his team of developers, Dan builds new and improved financial planning tools so that eMoney Advisor’s clients can better manage their books of business.
Back to top