Associate Software Engineer-Application Development
Holding an entry level position does not mean you will be making a less valuable contribution to the team. It is expected, that even on your first day, you begin to have a positive impact on our systems, product, team, and customers. Here, all ideas are heard, and the best ideas win, regardless of where they come from. Great products come from the fusion of rock solid engineering, clear product vision, and a hypersensitivity to the customer experience. In this environment, you’ll be given, and expected to take, every opportunity to grow and learn. Under the mentorship and guidance of experienced team members, you will be brought up to speed on our practice and standards. You will be entrenched in the design, development, maintenance, and testing of the product. Being a well-rounded team member does not come from burying your head in the code, although we expect that you do that sometime too. Along with growing your skills as a professional developer, you are expected to embrace and live our design and development methodologies, understand our business, become an expert level user or our products, and grow empathy for our customers.
- Embody and live the Scrum values of commitment, courage, focus, openness, and respect in all interactions, both within and outside of the team.
- Be an active team member. Listen a lot. Ask questions to seek clarity. Take the floor when you have information, experience, or perspective to share. Communicate impediments as they arise.
- A Scrum team collectively delivers on their sprint goals and commitments. All team members are expected to always be intimately familiar with, and working towards delivery of those commitments, never against.
- In partnership with Product Management, actively seek to understand the business context under which your team operates.
- In partnership with Design, work to build empathy for the primary persona your team supports.
- As a highly technical member of the team, actively seek to gain proficiency and master of our tech stack, tools, and practices.
- Complete modifications, refactoring, and bug fixes to existing functionality under the direction of an experienced team member. Facilitated through design discussion, pairing, and code reviews.
- Write basic queries, scripts, and data upgrades.
- Assist with supporting deployments and releases.
- While made up of many disciplines, the team delivers on commitments together. Completing documentation, design, and testing tasks as is expected, as required by the team.
- Actively participate and contribute to technical discussions and code reviews.
- Evangelize and promote the successes and learnings of your team in formal ceremonies, such as sprint demos, as well as in casual conversation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Comfortable with C# (or equivalent), data structure, basic algorithms, and object oriented programming. Able to perform tasks effectively with only occasional use of guides, research, and mentorship. Can replicate from similar work and apply modifications. Follows best practices.
- Awareness of and interest to seek proficiency in design patterns.
- Awareness of and interest to seek proficiency in Windows and IIS.
- Awareness of and interest to seek proficiency in relational databases (SQL Server).
- Awareness and embracement of professional practices and methodologies (Test Driven Development, Pair Programming, Code Reviews, Refactoring Techniques, Agile/Scrum)
- Awareness of and interest to seek proficiency in our development tools (Visual Studio, Resharper, PowerShell, BitBucket (Git), Jira, Confluence, Roundhouse, Octopus Deploy)
- Self-motivated drive to get things done and do what’s needed to deliver on team commitments.
- Ability to be an active member of a Scrum team, embracing Scrum values.
- Ability to know when to ask, how to take, and how to respond positively to direction, feedback, and supervision.
- Enthusiastic about company and programming company products.
- Ability to plan and estimate tasks. Communicating impediments as they arise.
- Adapts well to changing conditions.
- Communicates efficiently verbally and through written documentation.
Meet Some of eMoney's Employees
Together with his team of developers, Dan builds new and improved financial planning tools so that eMoney Advisor’s clients can better manage their books of business.
Back to top