Advisory Product Manager
As an Advisory Product Manager, you will play a critical role in planning and executing the product strategy and roadmap for your product. This is both a strategic and hands-on role focused upon optimizing the revenue stream from your product while looking for opportunities to continually improve all aspects of your product to meet evolving market needs.
In this role you will not only be tasked with driving top-line revenue growth and bottom-line profitability, but you will also create the business case that drives further investment in your product’s capabilities. Once innovation or enhancement opportunities are identified, and accepted for funding by the senior leadership team, you will manage the product through the entire product lifecycle, including refining the product vision, articulating or adjusting the product strategy, gathering market and business requirements and actualizing the product roadmap. Your efforts must be aligned with the company’s overarching business strategy and goals.
You will need to actively engage with customers and prospects to gain a deep understanding of their needs in order to identify quantifiable opportunities. Targeted market research and ongoing customer contact will help you develop lucrative ideas and bring them to market. Candidates for this position must possess the drive and passion to own all aspects of the product and translate that passion into meaningful financial results for eMoney, our client base and future prospects.
As a product manager primarily focused on existing market opportunities you will work with teams across the organization to further enhance and optimize your product. This includes, but is not limited to, finance, engineering, design, marketing, sales and customer service. You will be instrumental in defining and fine-tuning the go-to-market strategy, helping teams to understand your product’s competitive positioning and the steps you are taking to ensure market leadership. You will serve as the internal and external advocate for your product offering ensuring that customer satisfaction and revenue goals are met.
- Conduct targeted market research and analyze the resulting data to identify new revenue opportunities for your product
- Regularly engage with customers to understand and validate their evolving business needs and gather the necessary inputs to enhance your product
- Coordinate internal and external stakeholder meetings to record feedback and needs relative to product, adapting this into your product roadmap
- Review product feedback and incorporate into roadmap
- Actively engage with partners and eMoney’s client-facing functions
- Lead the development of detailed business plans, product vision and strategy, tactical roadmaps and high-level business requirements that align with, and support attainment of, company objectives
- Articulate the financial and/or operational benefits associated with proposed capabilities.
- Work with other product managers, product owners, and directors with the goal to articulate and understand convergence of product roadmap and capabilities with other related offerings in the broader product portfolio.
- Lead your product’s product development efforts derived from identified market trends, industry regulations, competitive intelligence, and customers and prospects, as well as internal thought leaders, sales, marketing, and customer support
- Drive deliverable, project plans and timelines.
- Collaborate with technology and development to estimate, plan and manage technology requirements, assessing scalability and total cost of ownership
- Act as the primary evangelist and point of contact for your product or product idea both internally and externally
- Work closely with marketing to help them define, develop, and disseminate product messages, value propositions, and positioning to optimize revenue and maximize market share
- Oversee product launch plans in collaboration with product marketing
- Provide sales and marketing support, including pricing, sales demos, trainings, core positioning and messaging (as appropriate)
- Define a repeatable process to facilitate the implementation and deployment of the product to clients, and offer support as needed.
- Maximize the profitability and adoption of your product
- Monitor and report on the success of competitive positioning and financial results while seeking areas of improvement and differentiation
- Manage the product lifecycle of your products from concept to phase out.
- Support recommendations for further investment or decommissioning product capabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- 7-10 years of successful product management experience, preferably in a SaaS environment and/or in the financial services/fintech industry
- Strong understanding of the RIA and/or broker-dealer marketplace is a plus.
- Experience and working knowledge of agile development methodologies is a plus.
- Demonstrated market success managing existing products and optimizing their performance (preferably in the financial advisory space)
- Extensive knowledge of the financial services industry and software applications
- Proven product management expertise working in a software development company
- Working knowledge of financial planning, data aggregation, and/or portfolio management concepts.
- A deep understanding of the fintech competitive landscape
- Excellent communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Results orientation
- Strong strategic and financial acumen
- Excellent teamwork skills and the ability to influence stakeholders and lead cross-functional teams
- The ability to make decisions quickly and efficiently, and the drive to lead teams to execute on defined vision
- Technically savvy, able to work with development and design team members
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
Meet Some of eMoney's Employees
Together with his team of developers, Dan builds new and improved financial planning tools so that eMoney Advisor’s clients can better manage their books of business.
Back to top