Sales Operations Manager
About the Role:
eMarketer is looking for a smart and resourceful person to join our CRM team as a Sales Operations Manager. A person in this role will be expected to manage all technical aspects of eMarketer’s Salesforce implementation – including creation of custom reports and dashboards, list views, workflows, custom fields, mass data uploads, and third party integrations.
This role will work closely with many internal teams including: Sales, Account Management, Marketing and Development. Because the position supports so many different functions, the ideal candidate needs to be able to wear many hats at the same time to simultaneously support all teams. Problem solving is an essential skill since many requests require a new automation or processes to be created from scratch for the first time. At times, this role will need to think outside of the box and look for new tools/plugins to fulfill the needs of the team. Finally, a high attention to detail is critical since Salesforce is central to the Sales and Marketing teams.
This position offers the opportunity to gain experience working in a cross-functional capacity as well as direct interaction with Senior Management. Most importantly, this role offers the chance to work with some supremely awesome people, in a growing industry, for a remarkable systems team.
Ideal candidate will
- Have a solid understanding of databases and data modeling (familiarity with the Salesforce architecture is preferred)
- Be eager to continuously learn
- Be familiar with standard objects and out-of-the-box functionality in Salesforce. The ideal candidate also knows the limitations of standard features and can customize the application for a specific business process
- Understand the Salesforce process automation suite: a good understanding of the automation capabilities and when to use them for certain cases is preferred
- Have database management/cleanup experience (i.e. working with validation rules, data-loading tools, and de-duplicating tools)
- Have experience gathering requirements from business stakeholders and turning these requirements into usable tools in Salesforce
- Can build applications and processes that scale
- Have a general understanding of SOQL, Visualforce and Apex Code principles
- Ability to write Apex code is a plus
eMarketer is a Manhattan-based research firm that covers trends in digital marketing, media, and commerce. We offer essential insights for navigating the fast-changing, competitive, and complex digital marketplace. By collecting data and information from thousands of sources and putting them into context, we provide our clients—including top brands, agencies, and media companies, such as Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Buzzfeed, Twitter, and thousands more—with a complete and clear view of the confusing digital marketing landscape. Businesses use us to plan, develop, and implement their digital strategies. We're the go-to source for this kind of information and are quoted every day in publications such as the NY Times, WSJ, Financial Times, Forbes, etc.
Back to top