eMarketer’s Sales Director role offers an outstanding opportunity for a sales professional interested in digital to join a fast-growing worldwide market leader. You can expect to own the sales cycle of a great product made by an established, respected brand in a gorgeous, vibrant New York City office.
“Working as a Sales Director at eMarketer is an amazing experience. The infrastructure offers just the right balance of support and autonomy to maximize success in the role. I am still learning something new about myself or digital marketing, media, and commerce every day.”
– Jessica Wilkeyson, Senior Director, Sales (promoted from Sales Director in 1 year)
The Sales Director’s job is both intense and fulfilling. Virtually every company in the world would benefit from access to eMarketer, and – supported by sophisticated marketing, infrastructure, and management – it will be your mission to help transform that vision into a reality. For many target clients, you will be the face of the company; your team drives the core revenue for eMarketer.
You will perform the following range of activities:
- Explore companies and industries, developing a deep understanding of their businesses and how eMarketer would help them develop their digital strategies.
- Engage with senior-level executives in a defined territory across all business types – brands, agencies, and media companies.
- Own the entire sales cycle, from prospecting through closing.
- Balance outreach and inbound leads.
What you can expect:
- To work for a company that is both entrepreneurial and a worldwide market leader, providing resources for top-quality product enhancements and sales support, as well as outstanding opportunities for career development (eMarketer was recently listed as one of The Muse’s ”13 Companies That Will Help You Seriously Grow Your Career”).
- Exposure to marketing and media experts, as well as top business leaders within Fortune 1000 companies.
- Access to digital insights that guide global leaders every day.
- A team that is intellectually curious, driven, and accomplished (eMarketer won the 2015 iMedia ASPY Award for Best Customer Service Partner).
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits, including medical coverage, a 401K plan, and a flexible vacation policy.
- Beautiful new offices located in the heart of Midtown Manhattan with open floor plans and 360-degree views.
- An eMarketer softball team and basketball team.
- Volunteering opportunities.
- Free bagels every Friday!
eMarketer covers trends in digital marketing, media, and commerce. We offer essential insights for navigating the fast-changing, competitive, and complex digital marketplace. eMarketer provides its clients—including top brands, agencies, and media companies, such as Google, Facebook, Spotify, Buzzfeed, Twitter, and hundreds more—with a complete and clear view of the complicated digital marketing landscape.
As the global leader in the field, eMarketer is used by businesses to plan, develop, and implement their digital strategies. We are the first place companies look for this type of information and are quoted every day in publications such as the NY Times, WSJ, Financial Times, Bloomberg, etc. We recently opened an office in Hong Kong, and our London office, which opened two years ago, is growing rapidly.
- 2-5 years of relevant sales experience, with a track record of successful performance against quota in a new business role.
- A proven closer with the ability to succeed in selling a high volume of new clients.
- Strong sales DNA: high energy, hard-working, self-starter, organized, hates to lose, fearless, great with people, excellent communicator, winning-mentality.
- Cultural fit: thrives in a fast-paced, accountable, results-oriented environment; comfortable with change, coachable; intelligent, intellectually curious, and driven to succeed.
- Well-versed in the digital marketing and media landscape.
- BA/BS or equivalent degree.
Preference will be given to the following qualifications:
- Experience selling to marketers.
- Experience selling subscription-based services – especially SaaS, or research platforms.
- Experience with a consultative, value-based, B2B sale.
Meet Some of eMarketer's Employees
Senior Forecasting Analyst
Monica stays current on industry news, reports, and emerging technologies. She gathers and examines data in detail to present marketers with useful and reliable consumer marketing techniques that work.
Back to top