Bioinformatics Data Engineer
Elysium is seeking a bioinformatics data engineer. In this position, you will be an essential member of our team and support new product development. You will work with multidisciplinary teams to build complex genomic data analysis pipelines and cloud infrastructure.
- Develop and maintain programmatic tools and workflows to automate the analysis of biological data
- Design and develop databases and interfaces for the management of biological data
- Process, integrate, and analyze biological datasets to reveal insights that enable testable hypotheses
- Implement quality control measures and benchmarking methods into our bioinformatics solutions
- Stay up-to-date with available bioinformatics tools through literature review and computational experiments
- Contribute to a team of translational researchers committed to improving health
- Place a priority on getting results with an emphasis on high quality outcomes
- Display a willingness to challenge the status quo and take risks
- Possess a strong sense of urgency that drives performance beyond expectation
- MS or PhD in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Computer Science, or a related field
- 2+ years of experience (preferably industry-based) processing, managing, and integrating biological datasets
- 2+ years of programming experience in a production environment
- Proficiency with R and Bioconductor packages, one or more programming languages (Python, Perl, etc), and databases (MongoDB, MYSQL, etc)
- Familiarity with fundamental concepts in genomics, statistics, and bioinformatics
- Familiarity with high-performance computing environments and cloud services/management systems
- Familiarity with cloud services and cloud management systems
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills, both verbal and written
Elysium is building the world's first direct-to-consumer health science company, developing advanced natural products that go beyond nutritional and dietary supplements to address cellular health at the most fundamental levels. Using new technologies, we can now impact wellness at an unprecedented scale - from cellular and metabolic processes to entire systems and pathways. We are growing our operational team to work with over 30 scientists and medical pioneers, as well as several Nobel Laureates, to bring scientific breakthroughs in health directly to the home.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top