Web Programmer / Analyst
Employee Type: Full - Time
Ellucian designs technology that powers the educational mission of colleges and universities around the world. Inspired by that goal, Ellucian employees thrive as part of a high-performing global team committed to delivering a modern, connected, industry-leading experience for today's students and higher education institutions. More than 2,500 institutions in 50 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning.
Description of Job Duties:
- Able to work on complex problems; provides state-of-the art , highly creative solutions.
- Assists application support specialists with innovating, testing ideas, and creating proof-of-concepts .
- Assists in all phases of the project and software development lifecycle for all systems.
- Collaborates effectively with the team.
- Completes applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Creates best practices and guidelines to assist clients with regular tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to work on problems of complex scope where analysis of situation or data requires a review of identifiable factors.
- Explores and enhances user experience through the use of integrations between applications such as Colleague, eCRM (Advise & Recruit), eMobile, Self Service, or other third-party applications.
- In a hands-on fashion, ensures all technology solutions are properly architected and specified.
- Meets with development and managerial personnel, including clients, on specifics of projects, new technologies, and deadlines.
- Mentors team members; transfers knowledge of technologies and best practices.
- Works with ambiguity and changing priorities while always focusing on the end result.
Position specific duties & responsibilities:
- Analyze and integrate 3rd Party and Cloud Services (SaaS) with College information systems.
- Authors meaningful documentation of all web applications (readme / how to), know issues (tips / tricks for resolving common issues), and best practices for developing within environment.
- Author versioning strategy utilizing an industry standard code repository and implementing strategy within SDLC.
- Builds user interface applications and back-end databases using various programming and scripting languages.
- Conceptualizes long-term needs of client, and plans and manages related projects.
- Design user interface mockups, technical documentation and aligns business process to create functional applications.
- Evaluate and test system updates with a focus on process and quality assurance.
- Integrates applications by designing database architecture and server scripting; studying and establishing connectivity with network systems, search engines, and information servers.
- Makes suggestions on creating Web-based technical standards for specific Web sites and the organization as a whole.
- Propose ways to improve and expand the use of existing third-party applications.
- Review enhancement request for various systems and services, provide solutions and execute on the designed plan.
- Troubleshoot break fix tickets on various systems and services.
- Works to deliver the highest quality at each step of the software development lifecycle.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or University; or at least five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years of experience in the following domains:
- Ticket Resolution (Break / Fix & Enhancements)
- Web, API, and SQL Server Technologies
- Planning, executing and documenting changes in large IT environment.
- MS Office (including Outlook)
- 3+ years of experience in any of the following domains:
- Architecting Web applications using
- ASP.NET with C Sharp
- Microsoft .NET framework 2.0, 3.5, and 4.0
- Integrating data from multiple sources and types
- CSS 3
- Architecting Web applications using
- Strongly written and verbal communication.
- Demonstrated understanding of REST API's and other methods of integrating with third-party applications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of applicable data privacy practices, ADA and laws.
Ellucian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ellucian complies with all laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Ellucian expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ellucian employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Nearest Major Market: Detroit
Back to top