Vice President of Global Partnerships
Employee Type: Full - Time
Ellucian helps education institutions thrive in an open and dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed in collaboration with a global education community, and provide strategic guidance to help education institutions of all kinds navigate change, achieve greater transparency, and drive efficiencies. More than 2,500 institutions in 50 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning.
The Vice President of Global Partnership will be responsible for building & leading a unified partnership program that will drive profitable revenue growth and enhance our ability to deliver an exceptional customer experience. This position reports directly to our Chief Executive Officer and will manage a globally dispersed team.
Higher education customers are transforming to modern campuses while leveraging technology and solutions to enable student success. The Vice President of Global Partnerships will be instrumental in propelling our footprint in the marketplace while e nsuring a 'Customer First' type of thinking for all partner planning.
Our c hannel team works in a fast-paced, cross-functional, dynamic environment, where innovative ideas and creative minds meet to drive significant market share through partner collaboration and field success.
- Ownership & accountability for the go-to-market strategy development for our Sales & Services channel businesses.
- Provide the vision and direction to implement strategies & processes to create/build a best in class partner program while enabling profitable revenue growth.
- Elevate our partner network and partner program delivery by winning new customers and gaining new references through channel services and support success.
- Create global alignment across all Partnership & Strategic Alliances programs ensuring that all parties are educated & informed on market happenings and product offerings
- Optimize & scale partner enablement reach by managing, growing and nurturing the relationships of existing partners, developing new channels and enhancing the channel partnership programs
- Create innovative campaigns and programs to deliver on revenue plan and further market penetration
- Establish the guard rails and validation of quality for partner services and delivery
- Maintain & measure departmental KPIs to garner actionable insights that will drive successful services & support strategies around increasing renewal rates, reducing churn, and enhancing our NPS
- Establish metrics to assess the sales, services and support impact of the solution(s) in the marketplace and the overall success of the partnership/alliance
- Analyze, develop and track best practices for channel program expansion in regard to investment programs, deal registration, value-based competencies, incentive programs and promotional campaigns
- Develop and execute strategies to optimize cross-departmental alignment with key internal stakeholders including Sales, Services, Product, R&D & Cloud
- Provide the Executive Leadership necessary to ensure that we hire, train, and develop our teams - such that they consistently set the highest standard for the experience they give our customers and are personally and professionally fulfilled by their work
- 15+ years global Channel experience, diversified leadership, planning, communication, organization and people motivation skill (or equivalent experience)
- Experience in building a ground up channel program, heavily participating in the creation, development, and execution of a worldwide channel program. (HigherEd experience is highly desired)
- Deep understanding and background on consumption, subscription models and offerings and implications on both vendor sales, services, support and channel compensation models
- Expertise in structuring, negotiating, and managing complex partnership agreements
- Proven experience enabling delivery readiness for new SaaS solutions and bringing new SaaS service offerings to market.
- Deep understanding of Cloud go-to-market and compensation/partnering models to drive compelling partnership offerings and engagement strategies
- Ability to work cross functionally to gain consensus from multiple stakeholders and lead major change efforts requiring cross functional leadership collaboration
- Highly tactical; with a strong bias toward thoughtful action to drive high performance results
- Establishes high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in planning, forecasting, and budgeting approaches
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously as well as effectively collaborate across teams and to work in a diverse, fast paced environment
- Data driven with a deep experience with business analytics
- Prior product management, technology alliance development, cloud solutions, product marketing, consulting and/or business development experience ideal
- Demonstration of excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, communicating effectively with customers, executives, leaders, program/initiative owners, stakeholders, and other audiences as well as delivering presentations before large audiences
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's preferred
Ellucian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ellucian complies with all laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Ellucian expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ellucian employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Back to top