UX Product Manager (with communications product experience)
Employee Type: Full - Time
Ellucian designs technology that powers the educational mission of colleges and universities around the world. Inspired by that goal, Ellucian employees thrive as part of a high-performing global team committed to delivering a modern, connected, industry-leading experience for today's students and higher education institutions. More than 2,500 institutions in 50 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning.
The Product Manager is the voice of the customer and reports up through the Product Management organization with matrix reporting to UXD. The Product Manager provides the focus for team execution with a keen eye for user experience. From a business perspective, the Product Manager adds a degree of accountability to the day-to-day activity surrounding the product and ensures the engineering team is delivering the right solution.
The Product Manager facilitates discussions between various internal and external groups to elicit feedback on current and future product features.They also serve as the primary communication conduit for those stakeholders. A Product Manager who is both knowledgeable and experienced with empathetic design thinking is critical to the success of these projects and the resulting products.
A Product Manager acts as a strategic decision maker for development teams and to accomplish these goals, they will:
- Collaborate with Product Leadership to fully understand business objectives, market requirements, and customer needs
- Complete extensive market and competitive solution research, conduct user interviews, and lead user groups in order to identify disruptive, innovative opportunities and create ideal user experiences
- Understand and translate user pains into actionable solutions by leading design-thinking workshops
- Accountable to the creation of wire frames and using these to break down backlog requirements (epics, features, and user stories) specific to business objectives and research
- The Product Manager will be the subject matter expert (SME) for the scrum teams, drawing on their broad domain knowledge. They will be thego-to person for the development teams for project development decisions and articulation of the requirements
- Make independent decisions andtake actionwithin broadly defined practices and procedures helping teams achieve the sprint goals
- Help review product NPS and Quality metrics on a regular basis and plan with the team on corrective measures
- Facilitate collaboration sessions between multiple stakeholders around Product and Feature development
- Work closely with the Software Development Manager in product planning, release planning, team capacity and prioritization of sprint work.
- Engage in day-to-day activities with the Product development teams. This involves attending daily scrum ceremonies, leading refinement sessions, and engaging with the development team, providing direction and focus, where appropriate
- Be involved in regulatory interpretation and monitoring, client support, feature prioritization, and responding to Community postings.
- Participate in meetings with customer development partner groups and focus groups along with the Product Leadership team
- Build cross-organizational awareness of product issues and organizational readiness for a software product release
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true need
Ellucian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ellucian complies with all laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Ellucian expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ellucian employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Back to top