Technical Support Specialist
Employee Type: Full - Time
Ellucian helps education institutions thrive in an open and dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed in collaboration with a global education community, and provide strategic guidance to help education institutions of all kinds navigate change, achieve greater transparency, and drive efficiencies. More than 2,500 institutions in 50 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning.
- Recommending or performing complex actions to correct problems using remote diagnostic, remediation technology and tools or at user locations to install, modify, or make repairs to computer hardware and/or software.
- Supervising and supporting major computer system and laptop deployments, and similar projects.
- Responding in a timely fashion to client inquiries and escalated issues concerning operation of client-owned assets
- Providing updates, status and completion information to management regarding all assigned incidents, requests, and projects
- Providing regular updates to tickets within the work queue with frequency depending on priority level.
- Escalating all high priority or sensitive customer requests/concerns to the Technical Director, or when appropriate, the CIO.
- Controlling coordination with affected end user departments
- Testing and evaluating specified software packages, proposed hardware and software to determine efficiency, reliability, and compatibility with existing computer systems, peripherals and the network.
- May provide assistance with entry-level network tasks such as network account maintenance, and activation of data jacks.
- Responsible for handling higher-level projects including: coordination of in-person registration setup and breakdown, project planning and coordinating with other individuals for project completion and/or progress reporting.
- Maintaining the highest level of customer service as set forth by the Ellucian general competencies.
- Contributing to development of yearly learning plan and complete plan as instructed by supervisor.
- Coordinating activities with the Help Desk and Desktop Support, Network Services, Enterprise Application Services and other team members.
- Properly delegating appropriate work to student technicians based on need and workload.
- Producing relevant documentation surrounding operational processes and process improvement.
- Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience; Bachelor's Degree preferred
- PC Troubleshooting and Support (Windows 7, 8, 10, OSX) experience
- Microsoft Applications troubleshooting and support experience, including Office 2007-2016 products
- Basic knowledge of Mac OS.
- Ability to troubleshoot network related issues (TCP/IP, DNS) from the desktop.
- Familiarity with desktop imaging process (SCCM)
- Experience in an enterprise print management operation with emphasis on printer setup and troubleshooting
- Experience with audio visual systems and support, including video and digital signage
- Must have the ability to work effectively with end-users, gain their confidence, understand their technical and operational needs and translate them into viable technical solutions.
- Must participate in on-call rotation
- Willingness to work as a contributing member of the team including other systems personnel, the operations staff, and the account administrators.
- Lifting & moving of equipment weighing up to 50 pounds may be required during the course of work.
Ellucian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ellucian complies with all laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Ellucian expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ellucian employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Nearest Major Market: Nashville
Back to top