Ellucian designs technology that powers the educational mission of colleges and universities around the world. Inspired by that goal, Ellucian employees thrive as part of a high-performing global team committed to delivering a modern, connected, industry-leading experience for today's students and higher education institutions. More than 2,500 institutions in 50 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning.
• Assist in the effort to provide secure, stable, and scalable solutions on various Linux distributions
• Design, implementation, configuration, and administration of Linux and Windows operating systems to support various applications
• Support and automate tasks using scripts, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Jenkins, and other methodologies.
• Monitor and manage infrastructure using Nagios, Solar Winds, Pager Duty, Pingdom, and Statuspage.io
• Support, architecture and administration of development tools: Jira, SVN, Git, TFS, Azure Devops and more.
• Support and administration of Atlassian software: Confluence, Jira, and Bitbucket.
• Create policy and documentation when necessary
• Provide best practices and recommendations
• Ability to work occasional nights and weekends to deal with outages and maintenance windows
• Be part of a team. Share knowledge. Be open, honest, and have a positive attitude
• Any other duties as assigned
• 3 to 7 years of experience in an IT corporate environment, with at least 2 years as an enterprise level Systems Administrator
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technologies or related field, or an equivalent combination of experience, education,
• and training
• Ability to create scripts to automate tasks using PowerShell, Python, Shell Script, or similar
• Desire and ability to own problems and solve them
• Team player with excellent communication skills and positive attitude
• Ability to manage assignments independently
• Experience with configuring and hosting applications on Amazon Web Services
• Experience automating tasks
• Technical knowledge of several monitoring and analytics tools such as New Relic, Nagios, Solar Winds, Splunk, and AWS Cloudwatch
• Experience maintaining a secure production environment
• Experience with supporting development teams and tools
• Understanding of troubleshooting and resolving system issues on Windows and Linux operating systems
• Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for administration tasks
• Ability to plan, hold self and others accountable to SLAs, and follow-up with others
• Understand multiple systems and areas of functionality in a highly dynamic environment
• Effective oral and written communication skills. Must be able to clearly communicate status and urgency information using telephone and email
• Ability to understand priorities and escalate accordingly
• Flexible, versatile, and adaptable to day to day activities
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative
Ellucian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ellucian complies with all laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Ellucian expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ellucian employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Back to top